In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What kind of boot was this?

NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
During the summer of 1975, I attended the USMC Platoon Leaders Class at Quantico,Virginia (actually, Camp Upshure). I was a sophomore in college at the time. We were issued two pair of boots. They were light weight, all leather uppers and lowers, very thin, with a hard sole. I didn't return for the senior class because I made the mistake of playing rugby in college and blew up my knee. Anyway, I have been using these boots to hike in during the summer. They are light enough to be comfortable in the heat and tall enough to keep the ticks out. They are no good for winter but I have that covered. I can't believe these boots have lasted for so many years but they are worn out. I am familiar with Bates Boots but don't see anything exactly like these boots and was wondering if anyone knows who made them, their name or style (tropical boots?), and who might make a similar boot today. They were really a tough boot.

Comments