In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Party Hardy?

70-10170-101 Member Posts: 1,006
edited June 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
What did you guys do to wind down after a mission, especially after a few weeks in the bush?

We had free movies every night after chow, a small EM club, nothing special, thats for sure, AFVN radio, but no TV signal...The local village was off limits except if we were no duty, so nothing was happening off base. And we were too exhausted to play any organized sports, not to mention the fact we had no sports equipment, and it was often times over 100 degrees in the early evening hours. So, we basically just listened to music, slept, and wrote letters home and cleaned our weapons. We didn't have much to do, except wait for the next mission assignment..

Comments

• Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dropped gear off in my hooch. Showered as long as I could. Check-in, picked-up and read my mail and wrote any letters ASAP. Cleaned and packed my gear, cleaned rifle etc. Fot a hot meal and then slept for as long as possible!