In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Attn Vietnam Vets Need Your Help

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited August 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
I know you men that served in Vietnam have little use for imposters/liars.

We have a member that posts in General Discussion and Politics that goes by the handle SNOOO.

He claims to be a Vietnam Veteran.

I am not saying he is not, but he does fit the profile of a troll, and has been locked out at least once before. So I have to wonder a little.

You guys would know if he is the real deal, or not.

I would really appreciate it if you would look at SNOOO's post and see if he is being honest or not.

thanks in advance,

Loaf

Comments

• Options
    70-10170-101 Member Posts: 1,006
    edited November -1
    Then invite him in for a chat...[:)]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Loaf, I am a frequent visitor on the general discussion forum. I am mostly a reader, I seldom jump into the fray. I am familiar with Mr. SNOOO's rants. I believe he is a troll & enjoys stirring the pot. I skip all topics or replys he has written. I did go back & read a few of his submissions in order to get an idea of what you were referring to though. When I got to the part where he was "bayonetted" & couldn't remember all the places he had served in country I had pretty much made up my mind that he is a wannabe. I once worked with a man who could tell stories with the best of them. We finally exposed him for what he was, a liar[:0] Ed, life member VFW & NRA BTW, what does PBJ stand for? I always refer to you as peanut butter & jelly[:D][:D][:D] no offence [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elubsme
    Mr. Loaf, I am a frequent visitor on the general discussion forum. I am mostly a reader, I seldom jump into the fray. I am familiar with Mr. SNOOO's rants. I believe he is a troll & enjoys stirring the pot. I skip all topics or replys he has written. I did go back & read a few of his submissions in order to get an idea of what you were referring to though. When I got to the part where he was "bayonetted" & couldn't remember all the places he had served in country I had pretty much made up my mind that he is a wannabe. I once worked with a man who could tell stories with the best of them. We finally exposed him for what he was, a liar[:0] Ed, life member VFW & NRA BTW, what does PBJ stand for? I always refer to you as peanut butter & jelly[:D][:D][:D] no offence [;)]

and that's fine elubsme, but just call me Loaf for short[:)]
  • Options
    blackpowdermaxblackpowdermax Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This should tell you what you want to know:

"225th Engineer Brigade out of LA - In 1968 sent to Danang, Quang Ngai, west of Hanoi in Tat Ho, spent a lot of time around the Yuan River.....Other places I forgot names of."

max
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    quote:Originally posted by elubsme

and that's fine elubsme, but just call me Loaf for short[:)]

Loaf kinda stuck, huh?! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    rivethookrivethook Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SNOOO is not from Montgomery, AL is he, I met a guy who told me almost the same story he was stationed north Hanoi, I just turned around and walked off keeping my cool. Called a Marine buddy of mine and he said that as far as he knew the only troops north of Hanoi were NVA and this guy was not from that part of the world.
  • Options
    70-10170-101 Member Posts: 1,006
    edited November -1
    I know you men that served in Vietnam have little use for imposters/liars.

We have a member that posts in General Discussion and Politics that goes by the handle SNOOO.

He claims to be a Vietnam Veteran.

I am not saying he is not, but he does fit the profile of a troll, and has been locked out at least once before. So I have to wonder a little.

You guys would know if he is the real deal, or not.

I would really appreciate it if you would look at SNOOO's post and see if he is being honest or not.

thanks in advance,

Loaf

Personally I think you're waisting your time, first of all SNOOO's never posts in this forum, because he probably knows better.

SNOOO my man.. How about a few questions from your brothers, perhaps some of us spent time in or near the same areas you did?

Maybe at the same time..[8D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Save your strength guys. He's pure ice cream....
    No man in it...
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I heard of a guy stationed north of Hanoi, his name was Ho.[;)]
    W.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I invited SNOOO over here, but he declined.[url][/url]

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=449066

mabye some of you would like to ask SNOO some questions, like when and where he served.

He's usually in Politics Forum, just hold your nose and don't step in anything[;)]
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Just think, the nickname SNOOO is short for "'SNO BRAINS BETWEEN THE EARS"
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I invited SNOOO over here, but he declined.

mabye some of you would like to ask SNOO some questions, like when and where he served.

He's usually in Politics Forum, just hold your nose and don't step in anything[;)]I didn't complain when I served in Vietnam, actually the Tonkin Gulf and the airspace above it; but I refuse to go to the Politics forum!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    widowmakerwidowmaker Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ISN'T IT IRONIC. WHEN WE RETURNED FROM THE WAR WE WERE SPIT AT, VERBALLY ABUSED AND REVILED , AND SHUNNED BY THE VERY SOCIETY THAT SENT US OFF. NOBODY WANTED TO BE US ! ! NOW EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE US ! ! DON'T WORRY--SOME PLACE, SOME TIME, SNOO WILL RUN HIS MOUTH AND ONE OF OUR BROTHERS WILL PUNCH HIS LIGHTS OUT ! !
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even though I served in the Marines I never made it to Viet Nam but I know the Stories from Guys in My Platoon and I found the best way to trip up a Poser is to just make up some B.S about a operation You know about and listen to what He says.