In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FRENCH FORT 3 CORP

GREASYGREASY Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
Do any of you remember the old FRENCH FORT in 3 CORP I seem to remember it was just above the IRON TRIANGLE or where? I D.E.R.O.S.ed from there. I can see thedirtworks around that place and how we cut through it to put the tanks and tracks. Any body remember?[?][?]

Comments

• Options
    strawberrystrawberry Member Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you were in the area of the Manchu's (25th Infantry). Just missed French Fort,we worked that whole area in 69 and 70 had a FSB called Blue our platton Sgt. was Hunnsinger and a buddy of mine was at FF Bruce Stiller (short round is what we called him).
  • Options
    joker19joker19 Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    25th Infantry (Americal) was in II Corps.
  • Options
    kermit@lucky-derby.comkermit@lucky-derby.com Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i believe i was there in fall of 68 with 1/27 wolfhounds. my platoon bunkered in the moat and the 105 barrels were over us. when they went off at night i would bounce on the air mattress

quote:Originally posted by GREASY
    Do any of you remember the old FRENCH FORT in 3 CORP I seem to remember it was just above the IRON TRIANGLE or where? I D.E.R.O.S.ed from there. I can see thedirtworks around that place and how we cut through it to put the tanks and tracks. Any body remember?[?][?]
  • Options
    UH1CharlieUH1Charlie Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joker19
    25th Infantry (Americal) was in II Corps.

The 25th Infantry Division was in III corps. Manchu 4/9th leg, 2/22 mech, 1/12 leg, 3/4 Cav mech, 12th evac, 27th Wolfhounds leg, 116th AHC Hornets, 242nd Chinooks and a host of others. 25th ID saved Saigon from being overrun during Tet. Along with the 199th LIB. Good men.
  • Options
    fishntoadfishntoad Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    25th div was in II corp ,, French fort was outside Tay Ninh have a picture.. was also in michlin rubber plantation at da tieng 1967..Was at 25 div base camp during TET scared the hell out of me when those rockets hit...

Maggio