In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ASA Lives

chuckyd46032chuckyd46032 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
Asa was great. Devens was wonderful as was Arlington Hall Station and Vint Hill Station[8D]

Comments

• BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I liked the ASA. Ft. Devens, the Quadrangle, Con-4 Mess; then onto the Chitose, Hokkaido, Japan for two years. I probably would have stayed in but the promotion policy really sucked. Army had E-5 stripes on post, but a person had to re-up to get promoted from Spec-4 to Spec-5. I told the Sgt that I would re-up if I was promoted. Nope, re-up first and then we will promote. Nope, bye bye Army, turned in my stuff at Oakland, on to four years college, and then a 30-year career in the C.I.A. I sure retired in better financial shape than if I had retired as a E-7. Still and all, I liked the Army but their promotion policy really sucked.
  • 11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SO what did the ASA do? I remember when I was being recruited back in early 73 they were pushing hard for me to go into the ASA. But been way "smarter" then the recruiter I opted for a combat MOS! *G*
  • BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1