In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Czechoslovakian weapons in Vietnam war

ReveliReveli Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in US Military Veteran Forum
Hi, I am coming from Czech Republic and interesting in weapons. During Vietnam war Czechoslovakia "exported" to Vietnam some quantity of Czech 7,62mm assault rifles model 58 (Sa vz.58) obviously for Vietcong. Did enybody from you met with this weapon during your employment? I am appreciate any informations about Czechoslovakian weapon used in Vietnam. Also pictures with the M 58 will by fine.

Comments

• BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never saw a Czech weapon in Vietnam, nor did I hear of any. I only saw Chinese weapons. Sorry.
  • widowmakerwidowmaker Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta agree with Bergtreffer. I saw only Chicom weapons and some French crap in the hands of the enemy in III Corps during 1968 and 1969. i never heard of or saw any Czech weapons.
  • ReveliReveli Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Bergtreffer and widowmaker for replyes. I am sure that Czechoslovakian assault ryfle Sa model 58 has been used on Vietcong side of the conflict. I found two photos. On first is the weapon used during souldiers exercise. On second picture is Sa model 58 captured by US soldier. Is it also possible that the weapons were to Vietnam delivered in later conflict period.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may find this odd, but when a guy was shooting at me, about the last thing I cared about was the "Made in..." stamp on his gun.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • ReveliReveli Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK ,I fully understand that during fight is little bit "off topic" to find manufacturer on enemy's gun. But after fight was certainly time to look on battle field..... Sorry Rocky Raab for laic opinion but I am never fight in real battle field.