In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Viet Nam

ceejodiceejodi Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in US Military Veteran Forum
Haven't been down here with us new, old timers. Always like to see if I can run into someone I might have servied with.
Basic - Good old Ft. Lost In The Woods. [ Still live just 80 miles away ] 1966
Republic of - Jan. 1967 - Jan. 68. Left country 3 days before TET.
Da Nang; Marble Mt. 282nd AHC; Black Cats - slicks; Alley Cats - guns. Hope our guns savied some of ya; and our slicks got ya home.
Come join us at our web;
http://home.earthlink.net/~blackcat27/
Thank you all for your service
Claude

Comments

• Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ceejodi
    Haven't been down here with us new, old timers. Always like to see if I can run into someone I might have servied with.
    Basic - Good old Ft. Lost In The Woods. [ Still live just 80 miles away ] 1966
    Republic of - Jan. 1967 - Jan. 68. Left country 3 days before TET.
    Da Nang; Marble Mt. 282nd AHC; Black Cats - slicks; Alley Cats - guns. Hope our guns savied some of ya; and our slicks got ya home.
    Come join us at our web;
    http://home.earthlink.net/~blackcat27/
    Thank you all for your service
    Claude
    I was a 'Black Cat' also.[;)] Do we have an association? I was also a 'Rattler', 71st AHC and have attended one of our reunions. If the 282nd does that I would like to know.[:)] And become a member![^]
    I used your link, but could not a way to register as a new member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Jim; glad to have ya aboard. Not sure how to sigh in now; have been a member for so long; old age took over. Try going to guest sign in and I think you can regester from there.
    Have heard of the Rattler's; but if old age servies me; you guy's worked in lower I corp. and II corp. area. But that was a long time ago and my memory is short; as well as my typing.
    Next Blackcat reunion will be in K. C. Mo in 2012; I won't make it; but I should; only live 180 miles from there and my oldest son lives there as well. If that doesn't work, get back in touch with me and we'll get the problem taken care of.
    I was with the 484 T C Det. and worked and flew with the Cat Doc.. We have many that started with the Cats, and movied on to other units; but if you where ever with the Cats they will have ya on roster. You WILL BE A WELCOMIED MEMBER.
    Claude
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will give that a try. If I don't have any luck I will PM you.
    I was with the 282 nd and my Plt Sgt (Grundon) got into a pissing contest with the CO about unsafe maintenance and we were both transferred. I went to the 71 st.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All I received was an automated response thanking me for my entry.
    If you have a contact phone # or mailing address I would appreciate it.[:)]
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim; check your mail. Let me know what happens.
    Claude
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ceejodi
    Jim; check your mail. Let me know what happens.
    Claude
    Thanks,
    I send her an e-mail. I will let you know.
    Thanks again,
    Jim[8D]