In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pilot Roger Locher - Rescue

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
edited November 2012 in US Military Veteran Forum
Please watch this video of the rescue of pilot Roger Locher - a pilot who was shot down over North Viet Nam.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42816

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We arrived in the Tonkin Gulf in April of 1972. I remember that rescue, not by his name, but by the description of the events and rescue. Our crew was flying an Airborne Early Warning and Strike Control mission the day he was shot down. I can't say that I explicitly remember him being shot down, but I sure remember his rescue!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Given the recent response to our folks that were in Bengasi; I guess the current folks in Washington don't think the same way we do about getting a fellow American out of harm's way!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    We arrived in the Tonkin Gulf in April of 1972. I remember that rescue, not by his name, but by the description of the events and rescue. Our crew was flying an Airborne Early Warning and Strike Control mission the day he was shot down. I can't say that I explicitly remember him being shot down, but I sure remember his rescue!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Given the recent response to our folks that were in Bengasi; I guess the current folks in Washington don't think the same way we do about getting a fellow American out of harm's way!

I was thinking the same thing about the Benghazi incident -- quiet a contrast.