In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hanoi Jane. Traitor or Not ?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in US Military Veteran Forum
OK people, Is Hanoi Jane still a traitor? My opinion , once a traitor always a traitor.

Comments

• Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Are you asking in regards to her actions during Vietnam or her actions in regards to Iraq?
  • Options
    IronrifleIronrifle Member Posts: 664
    edited November -1
    Fonda may not be giving aid and comfort to the enemy this time, but she is still a traitor!
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I had heard that she is Fonda Peter.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen,

If Jane was not a traitor, then neither was Benedict Arnold. And yes, she still is because she does not regret what she did and said. Her recent statements on Iraq are no different.

I am deeply concerned that by giving her a "pass" for her actions in North VN, as well as her statements, we have eroded patriotism in this country. The opposite of patriotism is treason.

Paint that SOB Kerry with the same brush. What he did is worse, because he was previously in uniform. He turned on his brothers.
  • Options
    CJ7nvrstkCJ7nvrstk Member Posts: 678 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ironrifle
    Fonda may not be giving aid and comfort to the enemy this time, but she is still a traitor!

IMHO, by protesting in the manner in which she is currently doing, she is providing aid and comfort to the enemy. Doncha think Al Jazeera may have some coverage on the protest?
  • Options
    EirerogueEirerogue Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is absolutely certain that JF gave aid and comfort to the enemy during the Vietnam days AND caused POWs physical abuse for her actions during her infamous visit to the Hanoi Hilton.

It would appear that she's trying to appeal to a new generation of peace-niks and apparently forgot the hate so many of us have for her.
  • Options
    Marine flyerMarine flyer Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ONCE ALWAYS
    I had the pleasure of calling her a Commie C--T to her face when she was in New Hampshire filming with her father, (On golden Pond). I never did see that movie!
  • Options
    Ba SardoBa Sardo Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is she still a traitor?

YOU BET.

She opposed the war. Fine. That's her right. That she caused POWs to endure torture by her actions is inexcusable. That was going far beyond her rights and deep into traitorous territory.

No matter how many regrets she professes, no matter how many crocodile tears she sheds, she was and always will be a traitor.
  • Options
    elvjeepelvjeep Member Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jane Fonda was just a misguided young lady who should have been eradicated[:D]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CJ7nvrstk
    quote:Originally posted by Ironrifle

IMHO, by protesting in the manner in which she is currently doing, she is providing aid and comfort to the enemy. Doncha think Al Jazeera may have some coverage on the protest?

You got that right and I still think Hanoi Jane belongs in prison for treason.
  • Options
    sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I served in Viet Nam during the time when she sat on one of the anti-aircraft batteries that shot at our planes. She was a TRAITOR then, she's a TRAITOR now, and in my mind and eyes, she will always be a TRAITOR. She should have been tried and convicted of high treason. Should have seen the uprising here in Georgia when a member of the state legislature wanted to vote her onto the WORLD'S TOP 100 WOMEN list. The legislature dropped that proposal like a hot potato. I hate the name JANE......
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You all might appreciate this. I am a public high school teacher (but I'm not your daddy's teacher, I own an Armalite AR-10A2 and am a life member of the NRA). This always comes up in my American history classes. My colleagues say no and I tell them, in my humble opinion, YES!
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    WAS and STILL IS>
    2/1 cav 68-69
  • Options
    The DutchmanThe Dutchman Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ARE YOU KIDDING? Can they still keel haul people? That bag is a Commie through and through. I still wonder how many U.S. aircraft that AA gun shot down.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I just hate i never had the pleasure of having her head in my scope.
  • Options
    Old GunnyOld Gunny Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a biker, never owned a Harley or any other such classic, but a local MI group does an Enduring Freedom bike ride to Lansing each June, to recognize ALL Vets, no matter which branch, which conflict and Theater of Operation they were in. In some way, I have sympathy for Jane and Peter Fonda, their Dad might have been a good actor, but he was a autocratic, cold hearted prick of a father, much like the late Bing Crosby-two personnas- the Hollywood idols, and the mean uncaring S-O-B fathers at home, both with alcoholic wifes. When Peter Fonda was 12 (about l950-51, their mother committed suicide-she slit her wrists in her bathtub-no note. Jane came home and was the first to find her-possibly that trauma made her the evil * she later grew up to be, and her brother a worthless piss-head pot smokin' hippie who was as much a real biker as I am Sammy Sosa. Anyway, I saw several vests and Tees as this biker event honoring VETS that read "'Nam Vets will forgive Hanoi Jane Fonda when the Jews forgive Adolph Hitler, and not until" Let me be clear about one thing, my High School buddy was Lennie Teitlebaum- he went MIA with 82nd. Airborne in l967- I mean no slam against the Jewish Faith- it was used as the most extreme example of something that will never ever happen in a million lifetimes, so please don't think this old Michigan Jarhead is a bigot- as they say in country- we all bleed the same color blood in battle.
  • Options
    ChinstrapChinstrap Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm new here, so I thought I would jump in here on this topic. IMHO, I would not give Hanoi Jane the pleasure of sampling the sweat off my left one!

God Bless Chesty Puller
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For Chinstrap, from an old salt-retired after my 20 (5 hash bars on the sleeves) as an E-8, but to the civilian world, Old Master might lead to some numbnutz adding "Baiter"- like I dished up nightcrawlers to guys going fishing at Joe poop the Rag Man's bait & tackle emporium-- and Old Top- sounds like something out of s l920's Mattell toy catalog- so I go by Old Gunny-We built a community playground about ten years ago and they sold pickets at $30 each to help fund this project- Lt. Gen Lewis B. Puller, only Marine ever awarded 5 Navy Cross Medals- Our mascot Bulldog is named "Chesty" in his honor- his son Lewis B. Puller Jr., as per the book entitled "Fortunate Son" graduated OCS Quantico, and a Platoon Leader with 1st Mar Div. in 'Nam was badly wounded in a firefight, spent some time in a VA Hospital in DC, but later died before he ever say age 30. There is a picket marked Lt. Lewis B. Puller Jr. USMC at the main entrance to the playground, I know because I paid for it to honor both Gen. Puller and his son Lt. Puller- and the man in charge of the entire fund raiser was a stranger to me, never served, which is OK, but said to me: "I've heard that Marines always take care of their own, now I know what that means".. Uncommon Valor was (and still is) a common virtue with every Marine, Lance Corporal or Lieutenant Colonel- all the same.
  • Options
    llcllc Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Select-Fire. She is as YOU view her. She is as the WORLD views her.
    No matter where she goes.......no matter how she acts.......no matter what tactic she tries.
    When she passes on the one thing she will be remembered for will be "Hanoi Jane". Nothing will change that or the stigma that goes with it....Laughed at by the North Vietnamese, despised by the USA. Helluva way to live.........Tass
  • Options
    ChinstrapChinstrap Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Old Gunny, Thanks for all the Puller insight, I appreciate that! It is a honor knowing someone with all those hashmarks, Viet Nam wasn't good, it got the best of me so I had to bow out early. I still walk tall although I have to half-step to do it. Never lost love for the Marine Corps. SEMPER FI
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To:Chinstrap- Thanks for the reply and here's two more FYI. In Korea, at the Chosen Reservoir, one of Gen. Puller's Bn. Commanders reported to "Chesty"- 'General, I've got bad news, Sir!'- "Well, Col., let's hear it- to which the Col. replied- Well, Sir, the Gooks have us surrounded on all 4 perimeters. Gen. Puller thought for a second or two, then replied- Good, now the little meanies can't get away from us. Two: My wife and I were in D.C. summer of l995- she's a teacher, so we have those months to travel and sightsee together. Besides my visit to The Wall, and the Smithsonians, this was the time, I believe it was on July 4th- when they dedicated the Korean War Vets Memorial- and I saw many USMC covers/baseball cap style from the Marine Corps League- so I put out my hand and said "Semper Fi"- my wife, who knows little about the military, much less our beloved Corps, was amazed at what doors that opened. A cab driver later on took us to the area upriver several clicks from Arlington National Cemetery to visit the Iwo Monument- he was a fellow Jarhead, we chatted, and he told me he never accepted a fare from any Vet in D.C.- ever, his way of saying "Thanks for serving our Country" we need more folks like him around today. It always made me mad to see our former C-in-C "Slick Willie" Clinton at Arlington on 11/Nov each year, laying a wreath at the monument to the unknows-What a B.S. artist- his story was "well I tried to enlist, but they would not accept me into the Army" later that whopper was topped with his "I never had sex with that woman" (she just polished my knob a little, but that doesn't really count. Now his little yuppie-* wife wants another shot at disgracing the White House-sorry, didn't mean to get all political on you, but I'm very much "Old School"- put another way, I don't believe the "Crack Troops" belong in combat theaters, let alone at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Amen..
  • Options
    39chevy39chevy Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a CHOICE..she made it free and clear and should have reaped what she sowed..but didn't...at the very least she should have never worked in a movie again..at the very best..she should have been hung and shot and burned and left for the dogs..how would she been handled in WWII
  • Options
    tavarishtavarish Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets see,Jane Fonda aka Hanoi Jane aka The Hanoi fatlady she can still kiss my royal Russian American a**
  • Options
    tavarishtavarish Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh well fatlady there words NOT MINE. ...tavarish..
  • Options
    sentry dog 69sentry dog 69 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Traitor? 100%, without a doubt, captured on film...YES!
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    OK people, Is Hanoi Jane still a traitor? My opinion , once a traitor always a traitor.

Agreed![V]
  • Options
    Captain 241Captain 241 Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    huffmanitehuffmanite Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a Vietnam Vet. I have not viewed any movie with J. Fonda in it since her trip to North Vietnam, and yes I consider her a traitor.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Traitor!!!!

I think those of us who were actually in Vietnam at the time of her visit have a special contempt for her!

On our 1972-73 cruise there was a sailor in Air Ops who would draw a Snoopy cartoon on the Air Plan for the day and it would capture an event from the previous day's operations. Just after Jane's departure from Vietnam his cartoon depicted Snoopy flying his bomb laden Dog House with, from my fading memory, the caption "Jane, after coming and departing unscathed, surely you must realize we don't bomb dykes"! During that time the US was being accused, by Jane and others, of intentionally bombing Dams (dikes), Rice Paddies, and destroying farms.

A booklet was put together at the end of the cruise with all the Air Plans and their cartoons. I've got a copy packed away somewhere and I need to find it. The memories depicted in those Air Plans are priceless, but some still bring tears!

I, too, don't watch anything with her in it!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    We wore a uniform.
    Clinton hid from one.

We dirtied our uniforms, which is the opposite from disgracing them. Kerry wouldn't know the difference.

We wore the uniform of loyal people, not a uniform of traitorous ones.
    Not so with Fonda.

Gary Lewis, the son of comedian Jerry Lewis, had a band called 'The Playboys', and produced a number of hits, such as 'This Diamond Ring'. At the top, he cashed out the band, joined the Army, and went to Viet Nam. When asked why he did it, Gary replied "Because I didn't feel that I was any better than anyone else". And Gary became an object of Hollywood's contempt. The truth is, he put people like Fonda (and Kerry, and Clinton), elitists all, to everlasting shame, and the self-inflated ones knew that it showed.

I don't think we can expect the slimebags to turn into Gary Lewises, any more than they can expect us to turn into Fondas or Kerrys.
  • Options
    TyrTyr Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long after she's dead people will wonder how she did what she did and was never put on trial. Some thought being married to Tom Haydn was punishment enough. Many thought there was no such thing as enough, nor was there anything like justice around.

SHE WAS A TRAITOR..!!

In Memory of
    my brother-in-law
    LT. C. Thomsen Wieland
    who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton

She really was a Traitor

IF YOU NEVER FORWARDED
    ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE FORWARD THIS

SO THAT EVERYONE WILL KNOW!!!!!!
    She really was a traitor

A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED
    KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS& nbsp; AMERICA

This is for all the kids born in the 70's who do
    not remember, and didn't have to bear the
    burden that our fathers, mothers and older
    brothers and sisters had to bear.

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the
    '100 Women of the Century.'

BY BARBRA WALTERS

Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still
    countless others have never known how Ms.
    Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country,
    but specific men who served and sacrificed
    during Vietnam

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot

The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.

In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF
    Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison
    the ' Hanoi Hilton.'

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell,
    cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was
    ordered to describe for a visiting American
    'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and humane
    treatment' he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda,

was clubbed and was dragged away.
    During the subsequent beating, he fell forward
    on to the camp Commandant 's feet which
    sent that officer berserk

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from
    double vision

(which permanently ended his
    flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied
    application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the
    47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the
    'Hanoi Hilton',,, the first three of which his
    family only knew he was 'missing in action'.
    His wife lived on faith that he was still alive.
    His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and
    got word to the world that they were alive
    and still survived..

Each man secreted a tiny
    piece of paper, with his Social Security Number
    on it, in the palm of his hand..

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a
    cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each
    man's hand and asking little encouraging
    snippets like: 'Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?' and

'Are you grateful for the humane
    treatment from your benevolent captors?'
    Believing this HAD to be an act, they each
    palmed her their sliver of paper.
    She took them all without missing a beat. At the
    end of the line and once the camera stopped
    rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs,
    she turned to the officer in charge and handed
    him all the little pieces of paper.

Three men died from the subsequent beatings.
    Colonel Carrigan was almost number four
    but he survived, which is the only reason we
    know of her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor
    in Vietnam , and was captured by the North
    Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in
    1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years.

I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one
    year in a cage in Cambodia ; and one year
    in a 'black box' in Hanoi .
    My North Vietnamese captors deliberately
    poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a
    nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South
    Vietnam , whom I buried in the jungle near the
    Cambodian border.
    At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs.
    (My normal weight is 170 lbs.)

We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals.'

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi , I was asked by
    the camp communist political officer if I would
    be willing to meet with her.

I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real
    treatment we POWs received... and how
    different it was from the treatment purported by
    the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as
    'humane and lenient.'

Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky
    floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched
    with a large steel weights placed on my hands,
    and beaten with a bamboo cane.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda
    soon after I was released.

I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV.
    She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify
    someone who should be honored as part of '100 Years of Great Women.'
    Lest we forget...

' 100 Years of Great Women'
    should never include a traitor whose hands are
    covered with the blood of so many patriots.

There are few things I have strong visceral
    reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in
    blatant treason, is one of them.
    Please take the time to forward to as many
    people as you possibly can.
    It will eventually end up on her computer and
    she needs to know that we will never forget.

RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt, USAF
    716 Maintenance Squadron, Chief of
    Maintenance
    DSN: 875-6431
    COMM: 883-6343
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    I doubt there is anyone who despises that warmed over piece of whale excrement more than me but I remember reading on Snopes that some of the above was denied by the guys quoted. I'm gonna dig and see if I can find it.
    Okay, found it:
    http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp
  • Options
    TyrTyr Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So your snopes source substantially corroborates the email sent to me.
    I would have liked to reformat it to full justification but didn't find anyway to do that. Maybe there is a formating button missing on the Gunbroker window.[?]
  • Options
    thebenzguythebenzguy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    It is like i seen on a bumper sticker WE WILL FORGIVE HANOI JANE WHEN THE JEWS FORGIVE ADOLPH HITLER!!!!
  • Options
    53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    If she's not a traitor why is her picture on a target in the pisser of our local VFW? I can generally hit the bull!!
    Hell yea, she's a traitor. What a question!!
  • Options
    cbengecbenge Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have worked in the film industry since I left the military...and have quit 2 projects when she was hired as an actress. I told the producers and director that I would eventually be fired because I doubted that I would not wear my Hanoi jane Tee shirt and would probably get into a discussion of Vietnam and traitors.
    The producers were very understanding and I have worked with them since.

Chris H-B
    www.chrishb.com
  • Options
    HOGWILDMANHOGWILDMAN Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES, and to this day I will not watch any movie she is in, I will not buy any dvd she is in,I will not buy a ticket to see any movie she is in. It is hard for my to belive she has had any kind of sucess in show business after the way she treated her country. I will never forget and will never forgive. May the * rot in hell[:(!] 4th&4th
  • Options
    HOGWILDMANHOGWILDMAN Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chris, I posted before I saw your post. My hat goes off to you man, not too many people would hold true to their values when it comes to a pay check, Jim.
  • Options
    SuwanneePirateSuwanneePirate Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mental image of her posing with that antiaircraftgun with the enemy is forever burnt into my brain .Its a wonder Obama hasn't gave her a post in his cabinet. There must be something in that water in Hollywood CA.,bunch of trators there.