In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

---

frankwjfrankwj Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in US Military Veteran Forum

Comments

• TEUFELHUNDETEUFELHUNDE Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were some Military Police transferred from 3rd to 1st and some "KeyHole" Ops.

Semper Fi Until I Die.
  • StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mayaguez incident
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mayaguez incident between the Khmer Rouge and the United States from May 12-15, 1975, was the last official battle of the Vietnam War. The names of the Americans killed, as well as those of three Marines who were left behind on the island of Koh Tang after the battle and who were subsequently executed by the Khmer Rouge, are the last names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. The merchant ship's crew, whose seizure at sea had prompted the U.S. attack, had been released in good health, unknown to the U.S. Marines or the U.S. command of the operation, before the Marines attacked. It was the only known engagement between U.S. ground forces and the Khmer Rouge
  • Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about "combat" troops,but I operated in VN all during 74 and early 75. I drew combat pay and was damn well shot at.
    There are military units that operate in places where we "ain't" on a daily basis and no one is the wiser.
    Smoky