In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wearing Military clothing or Insignia!

dersequimdersequim Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
The Dog Tag Thread struck a CHORD with me! I was quite upset when I found out that my younger Brother got in to my Dufflebag and wore my uniforms to School ETC! I am in the Retail Clothing business and wasn't to happy to see Military Insignia/Stripes and even Officer's
Bars applied to Jackets and shirts! What struck me even more was some were even mixed in with Peace Signs, Gender signs and Drug Patches. The two Rep's selling the stuff were offended by my expressing disapproval![:(]

Is anyone else offended by this prastice!

Comments

• Options
    dersequimdersequim Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I noted that I forgot to post my Question on first post.[B)]
  • Options
    alpha105alpha105 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am
    Being a Veteran is an exclusive brotherhood. Would a Faternity approve of putting their insignia on retail clothing?
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Yes and no. It depends on the intent and/or environment. I have a grandson who is very proud of my service and his fathers (who is in Iraq now) who wears some of my old uniforms with pride. I wear many of my old police and military uniforms around the farm and local area just because they need to be used (rather than buy work clothing).[^]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can identify with this thread question and the answers.

For the clothing: work clothes should be used for work or lounging, but used and worn out.

Dress uniforms kept as a personal keep-sake if desired or for family members that appreciate.

If worn by anyone then in the appropriate manner and setting. Otherwise stripped of markings and rank etc. and used for anyone, anywhere for whatever.

Military medals, rank, insigna all worn appropriately. Kept by individual, family or freinds, or collected ... not abused or disrespected.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I think it is an offensive practice. Especially when most of this junk is make in China, and some whacko fag clothin rep is trying to push it on the buying public. Hoping some idiot kids will think it's cool.

For the reccord, I find the peace sign even more offensive. I will not let any of our grandkids wear clothing with it (besides, it is a satanic symbol -- few people know this).
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    actually, the peace symbol is about anti nuclear weapons. not many people know this either.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen some of this going on; punks with zits on their faces wearing a fatigue blouse, or pants with the butt hanging down. It is disgraceful. They haven't earned the right to wear military clothing. Regardless if the clothing is military or civilian, they shouldn't be walking around with knees hanging out of holes, and with the butt hanging down as HCP's (High Crack Pants).

Plus they all generally need a hair cut and decent posture. [:(!]
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What goes around comes around....late Sixties, early Seventies, all kinds of kids wore uniforms with insignia and peace signs..
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It offends me to see parts of class A uniforms misused.
    I believe it used to be an offense.
    I also believe fatigues should not be worn off base.
  • Options
    BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe a person who never wore a military uniform should not be allowed to wear any part of one. Also I believe that unauthorized wear should be an offense subject to prosecution. That is just me against kids with zits, 8-year-old's smoking cigarettes on the way to school, and politicians and judges who revel in their un-American and Liberal corruption of institutions, morals, and perversions of law. [:(!]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry an American Legion card and commonly wear military clothing. In fact, much of my every day work clothing is some sort of military issue. When my GI stuff wore out, I bought surplus stuff. Now I buy uniform coats, pants, whatever on ebay to save some of the meager retirement I draw.
  • Options
    john6012john6012 Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe it is illegal to wear military clothing with rank insignia or even military buttons. I remember a wing commander that stopped a dependent who had a USAF overcoat on and it had the buttons the AF uses with the shield etc. The Col told the guy he was illegal and the guy took the overcoat off and handed it to the Col. Odd story but true.

I don't appreciate a civilian or military wearing part of the uniform with stripes, rank or whatever on them, it is wrong as two left shoes but more and more I see this happening and no one does a thing.