National 'Nam Veterans Day

elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in US Military Veteran Forum
Today, I remember Those who served, living and dead and especially those poor brothers still held in captivity in that far away poop hole country we gave a portion of our young lives to. It was a sorry * war, but we done our best. The media and the government let us down--hard. Today is National Vietnam War Veterans Day. I only know this because it is written on my calendar.
I'm going back into my sanctum now, later. EZ life member VFW & NRA

Comments

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 30,808 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hummmm, didn't realize it was today.

Didn't hear a word of it on the news either.

I think the media would just as soon forget all of use that served in that era.

[:(]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Yep, the sooner we all die off, the better. I hope the current crop of veterans fare better.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    KIA 11/23/1967. My 1st cousin and childhood fishing buddy Calvin from Fredericks Hall(Mineral, Va.) Thank you and RIP Calvin.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 30,808 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a hint of any mention on the news today.

[V]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln