In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

would they let you ?

KrinkovManKrinkovMan Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
when you guys were in iraq and you found stuff could you keep it??? I sall pictures of gold ak 47's and stuff and gold lamps couldnt you of stuck it in you ruck and saved it for home?? Or could you of sent items like ak 47 recivers home to your self or was none of this possible. Any of you spend time in nice palaces when you hit baghdad?? If you would of found a room of money could you of took some with out people knowing or am I just thinking to wildly.

[:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    You couldn't take home any, "Trophies," of any kind. It was damn near impossible to smuggle home anything of any value. Quite depressing really, I had opportunity to buy a USGI 1911a1 made in 1942 in Ithaca NY for $40. I would have loved to take that home with me.
  • Options
    KrinkovManKrinkovMan Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See why not, whats so bad about taken home something from war. Hell you risked your life the whole time and you cant take some war spoils home [:(!] sounds pretty wack to me sorry you didnt get the 1911.
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    I sent home an AK-47 bayonette (both styles), ACME whistle, an Iraq 20 dollar bill with blood all over it, One blood (mine) stained set of BDU's, clock out of a BMP, one knife (field) with jems inlaid into the handle, Pocket knife, and a field manual forthe AK-47 assualt rifle. I guess you could say I got a few keep sakes.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I got alot of stuff home. Most of it has no real monitary value. And even if it did, it has more sentimental value than someone could pay me for.

I say this because I have stuff of my grandfathers that he got durring Pearl Harbor, WWII and Korean war that will allways be treasured in my family. It is part of history. And I hope that the stuff I got back to the states will be looked at the same way.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    most guys get a few things home...even heard tale of a few weapons making their way back stateside...doubt it's true of course, but heard it anyway.[;)]
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw a few nickle plated aks and a browning hi power that would be nice to have.
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some guys at FT. Cambell got caught selling AK's sent back
    in O2 tanks. They sold a couple to the ATF, that ended that.