In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saddam is gone, but his affects are not...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited January 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
I just spent the last couple hours watching the news coverage about Saddam's execution...finally found out that he's dead. Throughout this 2 hour period, my heart beat was very irratic due to Persian Gulf Syndrome...felt like my heart was going haywire. This comes and goes. I've learned to live with it. I will not rejoice in the downfall of my enemies, but I am glad justice has been served...and he died before me.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You know ECC,

I am a bit different than you. I can rejoice in the down fall of my enemies. Expecially one of this caliber.

The only regret I have is that it was not done durring our time there!

But like you I am very glad that I got to out live him. And I can live the rest of my days knowing that he is rotting in hell!
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with both of you. I too am glad he is gone, now I wish there was a end in sight and our troops could come home.

You know, you can tell that every terrorist in the world is flooding there to kill an American, if it was just the Iraqi's this would have been over with along time ago.. Fighting all sorts of terrorist in a urban dwellings sure can take some time, but I am thankful they are fighting the terrorist there in stead of here.

God Bless our Troops!