In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Alleged war crime in Iraq

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
I just got an email from a guy at our legion as follows:

quote:U S Marine

This is about the U.S. Marine in Iraq who shot and killed an enemy combatant who was pretending to be dead but in reality was alive. If you have any feelings for this Marine who was doing his job then please read and help take action for this American Hero. I am asking all who receive this message to add your name in support of the young Marine accused of murdering a combatant in Iraq. He called out to his buddies that the person was faking, the person apparently made a suspect move and the marine shot him dead. There was another combatant in the room who identified himself as being wounded.....The marines did not shoot him. The do-gooders and bleeding hearts at the ACLU are claiming the marine is guilty of a war crime. This is ridiculous! Bill O'Reilly of the Fox News Channel feels there is overwhelming support for this young Marine -Let's prove him right - we can make a difference! The servicemen fighting for our freedom and safety deserve our support......Support is indicated by adding your name to the list that follows. Best to copy and paste then add your name to the list or, press "forward" and send to everyone in your address book you think should read this. You can only add your name after you have pressed "forward" or "copy and paste ," don't delete any names - just go to the next number and type your name. (After 1,000 names send to Fox News: mailto:billoreilly@foxnews.com

Didn't this already get settled in the Marines favor?
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hadn't heard anything about it receintly, so I assumed it was taken care of. You know you gotta hate those "armchair quarterbacks" second guessing what happens in situations like this.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I thought this had been resolved in the Marine's favor.?.?
  • skinamarinkskinamarink Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe this issue was resolved, and the marine was found not guilty
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Michael Savage was dedicating a lot of time, effort and $$$ towards this Marine's defense. This was settled a long time ago. He got off scott free which is how it should have been.

He led a lucrative career as a successful attorney in the civilian world and left that behind to serve thereby taking a pay cut.

His men had already been engaged by an enemy who had used death-fakers to kill Marines. He did what he had to do to take care of his men. This guy risked his own freedom to bring his men home alive. I'm not a Marine but that's "Semper Fi" embodied.