In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey Idsman...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
I watched a news program a while back that talked about quite a bit of gang activity going on within the military. They even showed soldiers at an NCO Club flashing gang signs, etc...sounded like this was beginning to become a problem. Do you see much of this activity? This did not seem to be a problem when I was in the Army...

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This has been a problem in the Army since the day I joined. I don't have time to get it now. It's more of a problem in certain areas than in others.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I finished clearing Fort Drum early so they let me go home after accountability formation. I'll try to answer your questions as best as possible.

First of all, there are local gangs and military kids that affiliate themselves with local gangs at a very young age. This is evidenced by the gang graffiti on base that can be directly tied with local gangs.

Secondly, Soldiers have money. Regardless of what you may have read, $$$ is the most powerful driving force for most gangs in my experience. All Soldiers came from somewhere. They are a representative segment of America. Some of them have had gang ties previously in their life and that whole gang culture is addictive as crack cocaine. Soldiers gravitate towards the types of social demographic with which they are comfortable and familiar. I like to hang out with rednecks, hunters and fishermen. Former gang members who escaped "the system" before they enlisted tend to gravitate towards social outlets that attract gang members. The black masonic organizations, certain night club venues, and car clubs are just to name a few. The gang gets them involved in something perfectly legal that they are passionate about and then they start tapping them for access and connections to the military installation. Your peddling of drugs, car break-ins, assaults and acts of intimidation and even prostitution starts to seep into certain aspects of the military installation. It's all about the dollars and gangs are as adept as any extremist or terrorist organization when it comes to recruiting.

I'm not going to get specific about what I know to be true about where I am right now. Gang intel and general criminal intel is just as sensitive and should be protected as strategic intel. I'm not as "in touch" as I was when I was an investigator here back in 1999-2001 but I am aware to a certain degree. I would be more specific about what I have seen regarding specific organizations but that wise. I will say that I have had knowledge and experience with a specific extremist religious organization/cult that has touched at least three major military installations that I know of.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's hard for me to believe that they could get away with this type of behavior, considering the structure of the military...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Soldiers aren't babysat 24/7. Heck, there's a lot more structure in prison and people do drugs and form gangs there too. Heck, I'm at home right now. For all I know, the other 11 guys in my squad could be passing a joint right now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    Soldiers aren't babysat 24/7. Heck, there's a lot more structure in prison and people do drugs and form gangs there too. Heck, I'm at home right now. For all I know, the other 11 guys in my squad could be passing a joint right now.

Yeah...I guess you are right. It's just that I did not see any of that when I was in. I was just suprised to hear about how prevelant it is now...
  • Options
    ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Commander in Chief is a member of Skull and Bones right along with Democrats like John Kerry.

Don't matter which Bones member is in power....the Cult always controls the office.

There are families that seem to have a vast quantity of people in officer positions in our military....the Hunt family is a good example.

I wouldn't worry about gangs like the San Vitari car club or some West Virginian with a KKK cloak in his C-bag.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, who ordered up the black helicopters? woo woo woo