In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My new site

generalderpanzergeneralderpanzer Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited May 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Hi everybody, I hope nobody minds if I post this here, if they do, I apologize in advance! I have my own military discussion site, and while it is slanted to WWII and WWI, I have attempted to make it inclusive of all conflicts from Roman times to Iraq/Afghanistan, and while I've been a member of Gunbrokers for a while now, I only just discovered this forum. I was wondering if any veterans here would consider having a look at my site, as I would like to hear any views of any veterans from the Gulf who wish to post about whatever they wish regarding their time there. I am not attempting to usurp this forum at all, there are no posts on the forum in question on my site, I was just wondering if anyone is interested, whether they wouldn't mind getting the forum started for me? I have a few ex and serving personnel as members, a former British Army Captain, a serving British Army Captain, a serving Italian Air Force Lt Col, a former Marine staff sgt, so there will be others who would be glad to talk to you on whatever you may wish to talk about. I am also going to post this on your Vietnam board, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'll check it out when I get a chance. Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Sure, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, thanks fellas for replying, I appeciate the offer to have a look at my site. I want to stress that I am not a 'Walter Mitty' type of guy who wants to live out his fantasy military life through other people who have done it for real. I really do want my site in general, and the veterans forum in particular, to be educational. I was at the ANZAC Day march last month, and it struck me in addition to how few WWII veterans are around, is how the Korean Veterans are getting thin on the ground as well, and I think it's important now that they have the widest possibilities to share their experiences with people who know nothing or almost nothing about their time in those conflicts. I know that my members would be most interested and appreciative of any veteran from any conflict who chose to relate those times on our site, I know I would. Even though I'm not that young anymore, I'm 48 soon, I don't know anyone who served in Korea or Vietnam, and have learnt what I know of people who weren't there, and it's not the same thing. Anyhow, once again, thanks for your time and any comments or suggestions you have are most welcome.
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bad link in your signature line..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks mate, sorted now!