In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Light-hearted thanks

Ba SardoBa Sardo Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Hey guys,

I'll be honest. You guys are doing a job I don't want to do, never wanted to do, and quite frankly, couldn't do. But you guys have had enough God bless yous and heartfelt thank yous to last a lifetime (or at least you should have, or I'm from the wrong freakin' America), so that having been said, here's a little light-hearted thanks from someone who is grateful for what you're doing. Please take it in the spirit of reverent comedy it is intended.

Isn't life a b**ch? Most folks give their garbage men Christmas cards every year and here you guys are getting jack squat. Doesn't seem fair. Talk to twenty people, I bet you at least 19 of them have given a gift at least once to a garbage man but none have sent care packages to a soldier overseas. Why is that? You guys do the same job - except you do it in a worse neighborhood with lighter vehicles, older equipment, your union doesn't limit the number of days you can work in a week, and the trash shoots back at you guys when you try to take it out.

Of course, things aren't all bad. You guys get to drink the most expensive water and eat the most expensive food in the world! I'm not sure what an "expired MRE" is, but with what KBR and Halliburton are charging the tax payers, it's gotta contain champagne, prime rib, and caviar!

I'd love to see every one of you home safe and sound - but if wishes were horses, so the saying goes, Iraq would smell like a s*** farm. In fact, I daily curse that thick-headed, rooster-sucking, dishonest, lying, cheating, stealing, human skid-mark for sending you into harm's way. But you know what? It's because of men and women like you that I can call my leader a mouth-breathing retard without fear of reprisal, and God willing, one day Iraqis will be able to do the same thing ( I mean about their elected officials - I'm sure they're already calling ours much worse).

God bless y'all. Come back safe.

Comments

• kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BaSardo,
    You get an attaboy from me except the veiws on my Commander in Chief but that is a small point You have hit the nail on the head Iraq is nailing the USA Semper Fi
  • Ba SardoBa Sardo Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kumate,

I may harsh on the man, but I'll tell you the truth: I'd rather have an elected "idiot" than an intellectual tyrant.

Keep up the good work, guys.