In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best of CL: From an Angry Soldier

RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
edited November 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/309485032.html

i highly doubt that's a real marine though. what do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If she was a real marine she had to be a disgrace to the uniform![:(]
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    If she was a real marine she had to be a disgrace to the uniform![:(]

that was my first thought too, but then i figured it was most likely just another trick by SF pinko f--os who don't stop at anything to advance their agenda.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I sincerely doubt it...
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I thought Marines always referred to themselves as "marines," never "soldier."

Am I mistaken? I was always under the impression that soldiers were Army, marines were the Corps.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    quote: I thought Marines always referred to themselves as "marines," never "soldier."

Am I mistaken? I was always under the impression that soldiers were Army, marines were the Corps.

It is considered an insult to call a Marine a Soldier, both to the Soldier as it is to the Marine. That is a mistake that a Marine would not make.
  • Options
    panzerfahrepanzerfahre Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds to me like a very distrought widow. Hope she can make peace with it before it eats her up.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL @ self for not reading the topics before posting the following thread (since deleted):

quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    Someone posted a link to Best of Craig's List in the GD forum and I got to looking over the other links there.

There is a rant posted 2 months ago, allegedly by a Woman Marine, but the title is From an Angry Soldier

I wanted to reply to them and call bulls4!t but I couldn't figure out how to find the original.

Warning - do not click on the link if you are offended by expletive language.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/309485032.html
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I call bull and if that was actually a Marine, her husband is probaly spinning in his grave. However that same letter appeared on another site, but this time it was a ex-Army person that "wrote" it.

Sound like the "group" Peace at all costs are "busy".
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just politics men,probably written by Hillary the beast
  • Options
    KimbercoltKimbercolt Member Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    probably by cindy sheehan
  • Options
    falhorsemanfalhorseman Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most modern day Marines will tell you they are not "Soldiers" and would correct anyone who called them one.

The Marines have the nickname "Devil Dogs" and the men that were the first to be called "Devil Dogs" (WWI Marines) called themselves "Soldiers of the Sea".

So the Marines of WWI called themselves Soldiers. I would say that even today, any Marine would admit that they were a type of Soldier once they were enlightened with the complete story and the actual definition, because a Marine is a type of Soldier, however, please refer to the first line of my post.