In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where is the War in Iraq Forum?

Lanark SixgunnerLanark Sixgunner Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
edited November 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
I know we have forums for both the Vietnam War and the Gulf War, and I salute all those who served in those conflicts, but where is the forum for our boys in Iraq? They are fighting a terrific battle there and deserve our support here.

Lanark Sixgunner

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This forum is for the Gulf Wars. Which is plural!

Which means this forum covers the current war in Iraq too![;)]
  • Options
    Lanark SixgunnerLanark Sixgunner Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply *_r_done, I didn't notice the "s" in Gulf Wars.

Lanark Sixgunner
  • Options
    rcbsmanrcbsman Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going as a contractorwe do need a forum on our Irac and afghanistan for soldiers and contractors. rcbsman
  • Options
    rcbsmanrcbsman Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few of us old war horses are getting back in the poop didn't get enough back in the 60's I guess and the bucks are good. Do need a forum for this subject for soldiers and contractors
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcbsman
    Going as a contractorwe do need a forum on our Irac and afghanistan for soldiers and contractors. rcbsman
    I have to dissagree.

Although it technically is two different wars in the books, our reasons for being in Iraq stem from the first gulf war.

Most all of us that were in the first gulf war said all along that it was not a matter of "if" we were going back to Iraq, but "when"!

We all knew when the seace fire was called that we would go back into Iraq at some point and that we should have gone in when we were there to finish it then!

If we had finished it then there would have been alot less of what is going on now! By waiting as long as we did to go back in we allowed them to build a strong underground arsenal to keep the insurgeance up like they have.
  • Options
    pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I agree with *-r-done on some of his reply. I disagree on other parts. During Desert Storm, our mission was to kick Iraq out of Kuwait,not to get rid of Saddam. You right we should have finished it, but again thats what happens when politicians get involved. Even if we would have finished it then, we would be in the same situation we are in now. Only positive point would be that we wouldnt have our forces split like we do now. Timing is everything, we should have finished Afghanistan first then put all of our resources into Iraq. Again thats what happens whe politicians get involved. Well to get back to the original question, we should have a fourm for OIF and OEF
  • Options
    KiowaWarriorKiowaWarrior Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if we had removed saddamm in 91, then we would be fighting iran right now instead of iraq. there is always a problemed country, and thats the facts, kill one cockroach there is always another one there to take his place.