In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many of you guys from Gulf War I...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited January 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
vets are just plain tired of waking up a little sicker each day? It really wears on me some days, not knowing what's going on with my heart, nervous system, joint and muscle pain, headaches, twitching, chronic fatigue, severe memory loss, intestinal problems, blisters and rashes, ulner palsy in both arms, tachycardia, sinus bradycardia, high blood pressure, dizziness and weak spells, sweats and hot flashes...the list goes on and on. The worst part is that it seems to get a little worse each day. This is taxing...mentally as well as physically. Hell, I'm 35 and in pretty good shape physically, but my body is worse off than a 65 year old man. I push myself hard with work...I've always been a hard worker, but sometimes I feel like I just cannot do it anymore. I get fed up at times. Please forgive my rant/whining...but I know that some of you guys can relate.

Truth be told, I would do it all over again. I joined the Army to serve this nation in combat. That was my only reason for joining. I accept everything that I have to deal with, but I sometimes wonder if it would have been easier to die on the battlefield.[:(]

Sorry for the rant...

Comments

• MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    eric - death is NEVER a better option.... no matter the pain. if you ever want to talk....or are ever in the midwest region, id be more than glad to talk to you.

i know desert storm was diff. than iraqi freedom, but you can enlighten me on those times, and i can tell you about liberating fallujah [xx(][xx(][B)][B)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the offer MNH...I may take you up on it one day. Take care my friend.
    edited November -1
    I too get tired of being sick and sore all the time. I also have never gotten ride of the bad dreams every night. I have to take meds just to get a full nights sleep. The VA has been ok in treating the symptoms but never cureing the problem. I have enuff meds that I could start my own pharmacy but just keep slowly deteriorating away. For me it's gotten so I can't work. I do allright if I can go at my own pace, but thats not good enuff for an employer.
  • one on oneone on one Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, just joined GB. I was their (D.S) also, and I've been home from Iraq (OIF2) a little over a year. Things were different between the two. My health seems to be ok, although I do have problems with my joints, and especially my sinus's since D.S. I can remember about the time I returned back to Germany from (D.S.) I was very short winded. Not much help from V.A. at that time. But over the years seemed to get over it. Since returning from Iraq, haven't noticed any new major problems. Just alot of bad memory's. The way things are looking with my mos. I'll be going back sooner than I'd like. But like you said, that's what I signed up for. But being in the National Guard now, its like being full time. Good luck and that's for your service.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by one on one

Hello, just joined GB. I was their (D.S) also, and I've been home from Iraq (OIF2) a little over a year. Things were different between the two. My health seems to be ok, although I do have problems with my joints, and especially my sinus's since D.S. I can remember about the time I returned back to Germany from (D.S.) I was very short winded. Not much help from V.A. at that time. But over the years seemed to get over it. Since returning from Iraq, haven't noticed any new major problems. Just alot of bad memory's. The way things are looking with my mos. I'll be going back sooner than I'd like. But like you said, that's what I signed up for. But being in the National Guard now, its like being full time. Good luck and that's for your service.

I'm sure things are different now.

I have a feeling the government knows what is wrong with us, but is going to do like they did for agent orange. And that is to wait for half of us to die off and then say "Oh we made a mistake". I say this because I haven't heard about the guys now recieving all the shots and pills that we had durring D.S. Heck my shot records have stuff on there that they never identified by name, just with a military number.

Makes you wonder about what they gave us.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    FDA cover up. The last head honcho was going to shut down Bioport and wouldn't give them a license to make the Anthrax Vaccine. The vaccine was made mandatory by the President for all troops when it was still considered expiramental by the FDA.

The vaccine they are making now is in no means the same vaccine that was made for decades and given to veterinarians.

All those re-called batches of Anthrax Vaccine...the FDA caught Bioport dumping them back into the new batches they were brewing.

We all were/ are guinea pigs.
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    One of my neat problems has do do with bone mass loss. I have to go back in for a bone density test some time this month. Pain in the knees, shoulders, and left elbow.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by One shot
    One of my neat problems has do do with bone mass loss. I have to go back in for a bone density test some time this month. Pain in the knees, shoulders, and left elbow.

My bones in my ankle are deteriorating. Not sure if its related to the gulf though. It was shatered when I was hit by a drunk driver about 2 1/2 years ago, they surgecly repaired it, but now it is getting to the point they have talked about fuseing it.

I have enuff other stuff related to the gulf that I just lump it all together and say I am one messed up individual. LOL

I do get my 100% service conected so the Va takes care of all of it.
  • panzerfahrepanzerfahre Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    vets are just plain tired of waking up a little sicker each day? It really wears on me some days, not knowing what's going on with my heart, nervous system, joint and muscle pain, headaches, twitching, chronic fatigue, severe memory loss, intestinal problems, blisters and rashes, ulner palsy in both arms, tachycardia, sinus bradycardia, high blood pressure, dizziness and weak spells, sweats and hot flashes...the list goes on and on. The worst part is that it seems to get a little worse each day. This is taxing...mentally as well as physically. Hell, I'm 35 and in pretty good shape physically, but my body is worse off than a 65 year old man. I push myself hard with work...I've always been a hard worker, but sometimes I feel like I just cannot do it anymore. I get fed up at times. Please forgive my rant/whining...but I know that some of you guys can relate.

Truth be told, I would do it all over again. I joined the Army to serve this nation in combat. That was my only reason for joining. I accept everything that I have to deal with, but I sometimes wonder if it would have been easier to die on the battlefield.[:(]

Sorry for the rant...

I understand. On my third marriage, pumped with so many drugs, I don't know what is to feel a real feeling anymore. Knees shot -- every joint creaks, cracks and pops like a rusty bicycle after a rain storm.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    I am 41 now,was a Combat Engineer in Storm.I long suspected the shots as being part of the blame.I also Farmed for 17 yrs,and some of the joint pain comes from that,and motorcycle accidents.I also have had Atrial fibbrillation,intestinal trouble.
  • SCPO RICESCPO RICE Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent 20 years in the Navy, spent months in the Persian Gulf, Beirut, Grenada and hit all the poop hole ports in between. Since retiring five years ago I have had new medical conditions of severe diahrea digestive disorders, rashes on my back, joint pain, memory loss and just being tired. I have not taken any pills however I did have to take a series of anthrax injections we were required to take. I am a disabled vet, just recently increased to 80 percent after 2 years of forms and request. I have recently been researching this stuff, and I believe ther is a strong connection to my service and my illnesses. quote:Originally posted by cahas

I am 41 now,was a Combat Engineer in Storm.I long suspected the shots as being part of the blame.I also Farmed for 17 yrs,and some of the joint pain comes from that,and motorcycle accidents.I also have had Atrial fibbrillation,intestinal trouble.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    There was some mean stuff over there fellas,When a Scud hit near our position an Officer tested the area and it said it was positive for a chemical agent.Next day, General stated it was only an explosive warhead.Who knows?One of these days we will find out more of the evil concoctions used in Storm.I went through Nuclear,Biological and Chemical Warfare School,scary stuff indeed.Our inflictions are most likely an accumulative affect of many factors,shots,chemical etc,etc....
  • ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know many countries have banned the Hepatitis B Vaccine because it caused MS?

In France they made it mandatory for all kids to get Hep B shots.....all of the sudden they had this huge number of kids develop MS and banned the vaccine.

America covers up adverse reactions to vaccines.

There is no reason to pump Americans up with Thermosol (lead) and the Anthrax Vaccine when the world's other SuperPowers possess SuperAnthrax which no vaccine can protect from. No American enemy has killed American GI's with Anthrax....yet the BioPort Vaccine has killed quite a few American GI's.

Our side effects to the vaccines are well documented...just nobody wants to admit it for National Security reasons.
  • coloman1954coloman1954 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i was an aircraft mechanic in the air forces trash haulers
    i served after the war was over from oct to january
    i have all the classic symptoms plus im starting to tremble in my legs after i have held them in place for a few minutes is this normal ?
    i also have had a terrible temper after i retired and after i came back from saudia arabia and the gulf war
    i was so incenced (mad and angry) aftera va doctor told me it was all in my mind i quit talking to anyone in the veterans admin
    i tore up their letters unopened so i screwed myself for 10 years (which i think they wanted me to do in the first place )
    by not applying for benefits after dr smith said all that pain was
    mental
    grr i still get mad at the thought of him telling me ITS ALL IN YOUR MIND
    im glad i never had enough money to buy a weapon after i retired
    since then i have calmed down im now 53 and am real cool calm and collected but if i ever see dr smith ill kick his *
    and yes i might go to jail but frankly i dont give a damn
    no one tells me my stiff aching hands are a product of my imagination
    i still refuse to go to the veterans hospital in grand junction colorado and will never go there for any reason period
    alamosa colorado has a very nice older doctor and he believes me even if my own family does not
    martin a cross tsgt usaf retired