In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Patch and ribbon question

darkvesperiadarkvesperia Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
What I'm guessing is my father's unit patch and his ribbons have been in the display coffee table since I was young enough to remember. I never did ask what they all meant and As he died a few years ago from heart diease I can no longer ask him. I have identified most of the ribbons through online sources but this one ribbon and his patch remain unknown to me. I would appriciate it if one of you vets could lend a helping hand.

http://i26.tinypic.com/15fqjau.jpg

Comments

• Options
    pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The patch is from the 44th Medical Brigade, the ribbon is the Army NCO Professional Development Ribbon (NCO Academy. If you go to usmedals.com you can find all the ribbons if you want to make a shadow box of your dads ribbons
  • Options
    darkvesperiadarkvesperia Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info. In hindsight I should of know it would of been a medical unit. After he got out of the service he traveled around the state as a hospital tech. Ask for the shadowbox I think having the ribbons on the bars is good enough. Although I wish I knew what happened to one of the medals he had. Probably got lost someplace in the flow of time but for what its worth the missing medal is a National Defense Service Medal. and given by the 2 stars on that particular ribbon he won that award a total of 3 times?
  • Options
    pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad I could help. Think about the shadow box, Its a good way to preserve the medals and ribbons then pass them on later (no Im not a sales rep for the company) I had it done for my father before he passed.Good luck to you[:)]
  • Options
    walther86walther86 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pipe7 is right. If you know anybody that could show you a shadow box, that's about the coolest way to set up the ribbons and medals. My grandpa has one, my uncle and dad have one, and I plan on having one.