In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vet to Vet PTSD group

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
The thread on PTSD got me to thinking that maybe many veterans don't know about the Vet to Vet program. It is a self-help group endorsed by but not part of the VA. It is open to any veteran but the primary focus is on PTSD issues.

I am not a combat veteran but I sometimes attend our local group to offer what support I can.

I'm sure your local VA can tell you if there are groups in your area.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Also Vet Centers are a good resource for those groups. I have also attented some of them myself.

I personally had some problem with those groups though as most of the Vets in them are Vietnam Vets and I have found that many of them hold hard feelings towards us Desert Storm Vets due to the differences in how we were treated upon our returns.

I can understand how the Vietnam guys would have some hard feelings there but I personally did not ask to recieve the grand welcome home that I recieved and feel that when I attend a group to get help for my PTSD that the topic of the welcome home should not come into the disscussions but someone else in the group allways seemed to bring it up so I desided to quit those groups.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    For a Marine, go to Grunt.com run by Sgt Grit. They have A PTSD forum with some good info and other Marine who have PTSD you can talk with.