In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new gulf war information

coloman1954coloman1954 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
i am a 40 percent disabled gulf war veteran as determined by the veterans administration. (I AM APPLYING FOR ADDITIONAL DISABILITY)
since i am also retired air force i do not get both retirement and the 40 percent V A disability .
HOWEVER
i applied to the air force for combat related special compensation
it seems since i was in saudia arabia it is considered in the special compensation criteria .
THAT MEANS IF YOU HAVE UNDER 50 PERCENT DISABILITY AND ARE RETIRED FROM THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES YOU CAN RECEIVE COMBAT RELATED SPECIAL COMPENSATION FROM YOUR RESPECTIVE SERVICES
THE GULF WAR SYNDROME IS CONSIDERED IN THE CRITERIA TO RECEIVE THE 40 PERCENT DISABILITY AND AT THE SAME TIME RECEIVE YOUR ENTIRE RETIREMENT CHECK . THATS HUGE I WILL RECEIVE BOTH MY RETIREMENT AND THE 40 PERCENT DISABILITY THRU COMBAT RELATED SPECIAL COMPENSATION FROM THE AIR FORCE . I JUST RECEIVED A RAISE GENTLEMEN
I DO USE THE GENTLEMEN TERM LOOSELY SO DONT GET USED TO THAT TERM .
THIS MEANS AIR FORCE ,ARMY , NAVY AND MARINES THAT ARE RETIRED CAN GET THIS CRSC THRU YOUR RESPECTIVE SERVICES IF YOU HAVE PERSIAN GULF SYNDROME AND ARE UNDER THE 50 PERCENT VA RATING .
AND I WILL RECEIVE BACK PAY TOO.
I APPLIED THRU THE USAF PERSONELL CENTER
IF ANY ONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS BY ALL MEANS CONTACT ME AT
MCROSS@RIDGEVIEWTEL.US

Comments

• Options
    TartersauceTartersauce Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I herniated my back in April 2001 lifting a transmission off the ground about 6 feet and throwing it into a flightline truck (tug). AF mechanic.

The muscle spasms stuck out over 1" on my back...pretty severe. They medically cleared me for TDY and sent my rear over with a 90 supply of horse grade muscle relaxants and anti inflammatories.

Yeah.....my new job was throwing tractor and trailer tires into the back of a dump truck to haul them off and changing tires. Hot asphalt melted tires away over there. Busy operation.

Of course it got worse, weren't any doctors over there so they sent me back.

Would I qualify for CRSC seeing how I shouldn't have been sent but they sent me anyways and made it worse?

Doubt it. They refused to offer me CRSC during my Medical Board and wouldn't consider the initial injury as from a ""Instrumentality of War"" or worsened while receiving Combat Pay.

If I could do it all over again I'd knock the recruiters teeth out and crap on his desk. Best Healthcare in the world...whatta liar.

Very few get CRSC. Congratulations.

I had to fight the SOB's to get what I got. 40% PDRL and the same from the VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    all you can do is apply but remember one thing you must be retired and were in saudia arabia during desert storm you need proof such as orders i sent my units certificate stating i was there and served with distinction . (that means i never screwed up nor did i get drunk over there )
  • Options
    TartersauceTartersauce Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other new News:

www.military.com/features/0,15240,162552,00.html

Infectious disease coming out of the Gulf and being spread to anyone that uses military hospitals/clinics.

That sux!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    whatever your percentage of disability you can apply for combat related special compensation if you have gulf war syndrome 10 percent to 100 percent it does not matter