In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Iraq and Afghanistan vets

rcbsmanrcbsman Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
We of the vietnam era salute you on this special day and hold you up in our prayers daily. You have your war and some of us are trying to get back into the service or paramilitary forces to serve God and Country every day in Iraq. Wish us well and us old warhorses are not to damn old to go out and do it again when we find a way. God bless each and every soldier who reads this message. Today is our day stand up and be proud!! rcbsman

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your service rcbsman!
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    rcbsman, My thanks go out to you and your fellow Vietnam vets, You had to deal with crap that we could not even emagine and then come back to a country that didn't care. So to you I give my thanks.
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcbsman
    We of the vietnam era salute you on this special day and hold you up in our prayers daily. You have your war and some of us are trying to get back into the service or paramilitary forces to serve God and Country every day in Iraq. Wish us well and us old warhorses are not to damn old to go out and do it again when we find a way. God bless each and every soldier who reads this message. Today is our day stand up and be proud!! rcbsman

Thank you, your service in the past and your continued service at home is more than enough. I am really proud of your generation, who makes up a majority of the patriot guard, thank you for ensuring that our generation was treated with the respect that your generation was not given upon your return home.
  • wildeman.7.62natowildeman.7.62nato Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I came home from Iraq in 2005 my little brother was just about to ship out and we had my wedding reception at the American Legion in our small town of 1,300 people. when we got out of the car in our Dress Blues the the whole legion was in dress uniforms with a color guard and all! There were vets from almost every war since WWII. That's how we do it in small town America, we serve our country. I was unsure what to do, but I knew I had to pass that color guard before entering the hall. Choking up looking at some of those Veterans with tears in thier eyes, I ordered my "boot" brother to fall in, right face, forward harch, 'til we got centered on the formation. I called detail halt and we right faced and presented arms in the middle of Mainstreet and stood as tall and as proud as could be. A photographer from the local newspaper took that picture. That picture, My brother and I being honored by those who went before us means the world to me. That my brother in blood, and in arms could be at my side makes me so proud. I got injured and am medically retired, but my brother is still in the Corps and is going on his third tour and re-enlisting. We love the Veterans who came before us for the heritage that they passed down to us. With out them I doubt we'd be speaking English and enjoying the freedoms we have today.