In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Battan Death March

pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
Anyone here do the Battan Death March this year????

Comments

• Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    No one has since April 1942.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wittynbear

Come on Whitty Im talking about the annual memorial march held each year at WSMR[;)]

Have you ever done it??
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pipe7

Come on Whitty Im talking about the annual memorial march held each year at WSMR[;)]

Have you ever done it??

Didn't even know about it, I had to google it. I have been to Corregidor, Bataan peninsula and Cabanatuan, its really a moving experience.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pipe7

Have you ever done it??

Didn't even know about it, I had to google it. I have been to Corregidor, Bataan peninsula and Cabanatuan, its really a moving experience.

Its a good hump, I did it heavy a couple years ago, and light last year. Didnt do it ths year, I have an injured left foot. It's pretty inspiring to seethe original vets there though. Makes you realize all of the blisters aret even a drop in the bucket compared to what these brave men went through. I do to honor them, nothing more. Try it sometime, it'sa blast just to be around everyone and feel the energy