In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone have these symptoms from Jubayl?

Mike DeRushaMike DeRusha Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I just wondered if anyone else has any or all of these issues.
1) Upper back pain from a spine constantly trying to mis-align.
2) Other joint issues
3) Irritable Bowels
4) Breathing and Sinus Issues
5) Constant thoughts about how everyone you know is going to die.

Also, where were you located in SWA? I have all the above issues and was at the Port of Jubail (Jubayl) from Aug 1990 to Apr 1991. Anyone with any info, or experience would be awesome.
I don't need links to any agencies. My VA rep is helping me, and the VFW pretty much ignored my calls and returned none. It seems that 95% of the "veterans groups" are just referral services to other non-functional "help groups". I'm tired of hearing about how someone's brother's cousin got helped by some vaguely remembered person with half a name and no contact info. Thanks for your time.[:D]

-Mike

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Places that may help DAV, I have not had luck with them in this area but have heard of lots who have been helped.

Who helped me County VA Office, state Run. These guys really helped.

Ok seems you are really close, this was the VA Office in Eugene Oregon. Would not count on the DAV here in this area. Will get the Address for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Get in touch with these guys.

Linn County Veterans Office
    330 3rd Ave SW, Albany, OR (541) 967-3882
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to add were you there as a reservist. As I was On I-I in Eugene up till 89. Ran into a lot of the guy from Eugene when they went thru Camp Pendelton.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help! You're right, the county VA is so far the only helpful entity. And I was in SWA as a regular shmo.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You could have been in the area of my guy from 1st FSSG Maint Bn.

Good friend of my a MSgt got really sick after coming back, when I retired in 94 he did not have long to live just wasted away.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, so far the county VA is the only person place or thing that's done anything. The rest of them are a joke. You call a number and get someone who just transfers you around until you get back to the beginning. The Gulf War Registry doesn't even exist as far as I can tell. Same with the VFW. Endless time being on hold or waiting for a return call that never comes.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mike DeRusha
    Yep, so far the county VA is the only person place or thing that's done anything. The rest of them are a joke. You call a number and get someone who just transfers you around until you get back to the beginning. The Gulf War Registry doesn't even exist as far as I can tell. Same with the VFW. Endless time being on hold or waiting for a return call that never comes.

The State VA Rep has been helping me out...

BTW...the Gulf War Registry does exist. I went through it (over a year of testing an prodding, 3 days a week), back in the mid '90's.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you tell me how to get a hold of the GWR? All I get are BS numbers and websites that only lead to commercial ads. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1