In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New drone technology Is coming to your city!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Politics
Now If you have nothing to hide than you have nothing to fear! Right?

Think again!

serf

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/argus-drone-surveillance/

In the near future - as more of these platforms are deployed - it would be a fair assumption that every major U.S. city could be monitored and recorded from above nearly continuously, by ARGUS and other varieties of drones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxNyaXfJsA

ARGUS, with the capability of opening up 65 independent close-up surveillance windows within its greater image, gives the government the potential to set up a formidable surveillance dragnet from above. The drone operators could set-up dedicated windows to monitor a targeted individual's home, workplace, all his friends' homes, all his relatives' homes, and all of his favorite hangouts, if so desired.

Besides simply spying on Americans' every movement, the drones may take on other roles in law enforcement, with many dangerous implications. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says that it would be legal for an armed government to target and kill Americans on U.S. soil in an "extraordinary circumstance."

The government's incredible potential for domestic spying and surveillance is already here and Americans have failed to react in any meaningful way. The applications of such a power in the hands of an increasingly tyrannical government does not seem to bode well for residents of the land of the free.*

Comments

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Already here in Washington state.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained
    Already here in Washington state.

Military Technology from The Middle East Wars coming home to U.S. soil!
    It won't be long before the police start using eye scanners in the field to gather intelligence on anyone in an area before long! Oh wait it's already here folks! Next DNA swaps just watch your privacy vanish for The NWO!Adolph Hitler would have love it!

serf

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/17/new.york.iris.scanners/index.html

Upon arrest, suspects now will be required to look directly into binocular-like devices that photograph the iris -- the circular diaphragm forming the colored portion of the eye -- and store the image in a police database.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2011/07/13/how-a-new-police-tool-for-face-recognition-works/

Police forces across the country are planning to start using new mobile technology later this year that can identify suspects and instantly reveal their criminal history based on a picture of their face or iris, the colored portion of an eye.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the extraordinary circumstances threshold is reached by simply disagreeing with the current administration...
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh goody, I get to practice wing shootin'. [:D]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Des Moines Iowa TV news had a clip on the "drones" that are replacing the F-16's a the Iowa Air Guard.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Maybe one reason why there hasn't been such a flap over this issue is that not many folks really care one way or another about it. Could that be? For many years the English have been photographing their population particularly in London and no one there seems to care either. I don't live in a city so it doesn't bother me one wit.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    Maybe one reason why there hasn't been such a flap over this issue is that not many folks really care one way or another about it. Could that be? For many years the English have been photographing their population particularly in London and no one there seems to care either. I don't live in a city so it doesn't bother me one wit.

"The government's incredible potential for domestic spying and surveillance is already here and Americans have failed to react in any meaningful way. The applications of such a power in the hands of an increasingly tyrannical government does not seem to bode well for residents of the land of the free."

You're correct, it's from the body of the post.

Now for the more compelling question, why is it that free men are not up in arms over the slow death of liberty?

My theory is that they have no clear concept of what liberty is and no real idea of the proper role of government under our Constitution.

Either that or they are boot lickers who care not one whit if the rights of other Americans are being trampled as long as their little world is spared. Great strategy by this group of rocket scientists.
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    60 minutes quotes that drones will soon be delivering pizza's, how about Early Times bourbon, or girls of the night for tired traveling business men.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

"The government's incredible potential for domestic spying and surveillance is already here and Americans have failed to react in any meaningful way. The applications of such a power in the hands of an increasingly tyrannical government does not seem to bode well for residents of the land of the free."

You're correct, it's from the body of the post.

Now for the more compelling question, why is it that free men are not up in arms over the slow death of liberty?

My theory is that they have no clear concept of what liberty is and no real idea of the proper role of government under our Constitution.

Either that or they are boot lickers who care not one whit if the rights of other Americans are being trampled as long as their little world is spared. Great strategy by this group of rocket scientists.

But some label you as evil to refute the police powers given to the state here. Your a conspiracy fanatic if you don't understand why you must comply to all and any surveillance from the state!

They say your either with us or against us! People that deal in absolutes think their better than you and don't forget it!

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

CJ has a good thought on the loss of freedom and I'd add one more why there is not much opposition to government snooping ....... it is because few alive today are knowledgeable of what true loss of freedom actually is......like those in Germany under Hitler or various other severely oppressive dictators like in N. Korea.

How about the dumbing down of an entire generation educated in a public school system manipulated by federal dollars. Social engineering in that same school system. Revisionist history being taught in such a manner that no one even thinks to question it let alone look into it for themselves.
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talk about dumb Historians. My sons former in-laws will fight you if you disagree with their statement that WW # 11 was started when the Japs dropped an atomic bomb on Hawaii.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blogdog37
    Talk about dumb Historians. My sons former in-laws will fight you if you disagree with their statement that WW # 11 was started when the Japs dropped an atomic bomb on Hawaii.

Ya gotta be kiddin me!!??!! Well with "intelligent" people like that it's no wonder the country is in the shape it's in. As if seeing who's elected wasn't enough.