In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's the problem?

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Politics
it is reported the Senate candidate Matt Bevin (R) spoke at a "pro cockfighting" rally.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/06/its-not-what-he-said-its-where-a-u-s-senate-candidate-spoke-that-has-ignited-controversy/

I don't approve of cockfighting (or bull fighting for that matter).

How is this rally any different than a pro POT rally of illegal immigration rally?

Plenty of politicians have attended these. If we have freedom of assembly and freedom of speech how do any of these rallies differ?

It just seems to me that if any of these are protected speech then ALL of them are.

Comments

• Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeh welfare mama's leave their children in cars to attend these matches, my locomotive engine was 15 feet in the air, I could watch them in Houston Texas heights area from my cab in the 1970's. That is the only entertainment I had when I was married to a million ton locomotive working sixteen hours per day at times.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He appears to be a serious challenge to the establishment and his opponent (R) is using it.

But you will only hear about it in the MSM because of the R. And of course it is only because there are serious concerns being voice by others, not the media of course but OTHERS.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never cared for Cock Fighting,Dog fighting,or the now "MMA" stuff!Blood sports are at a disadvantage with me.If that is something you want to do,so be it,but not for me...I don't think some one should be put in jail for it either...Love to see him beat Mitch!