In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Militias winning hearts and minds....

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Politics

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    From what I have read and seen I think the BLM did the right thing in backing off from confrontation with Bundy/militia folks. How is that a loss? Get him with the paperwork, arrest him, perp walk him to court, and fight it out there.......where I understand the guy has lost every case and owes over $1m in fees. I suggest the militia folks treat this radioactive/loose cannon guy carefully and perhaps find another "hero" to support....he ain't it IMO. A strategic retreat is not a loss....kinda like the way George Washington fought in the Am Rev!
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an election year...that's why they backed off....and they didn't want another "Waco"...
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

If the courts have already found him guilty of not paying the land rent (like other BLM renters have), they don't even need to arrest him. The court can place a lien on his property and collect when he passes on.

It's so simple even a lawyer that graduated last in his class would know that! [:D]

I am thinking they don't want to wait that long is the problem. "Progress" and Bundy is impeding it.
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

If the courts have already found him guilty of not paying the land rent (like other BLM renters have), they don't even need to arrest him. The court can place a lien on his property and collect when he passes on.

It's so simple even a lawyer that graduated last in his class would know that! [:D]

Funny that the government didn't think of that......all of the lawyers that graduated last in their class are working for the government or serving in Congress.[^]

I am thinking they don't want to wait that long is the problem. "Progress" and Bundy is impeding it.
  • Options
    jones0430jones0430 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The government moves slowly in most cases like this. When the BLM gets around to it, they only have to go to the IRS to have them attach his assets.

Then he won't be able to sell any property, since title to it will be under a cloud. His bank account can also be attached.

But, since he doesn't recognize the U.S. government, not using U.S. money shouldn't be a problem for him, right?

He's an idiot. Those supporting him are also idiots. Nothing like making a hero out of an avowed criminal.

He has failed to pay just debts. I didn't know that libertarian ideals and values included fraud.
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bundy has been stealing from the American people for years. If anyone sides with this low life idiot, they need a wake up call.