In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Edward Snowden Unaired Remarks About September 11

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Politics
Interesting remarks about intelligence failures with 9/11 and The Boston Bombers! Was it really missed by the people in control? Did it really slip through their fingers? [:o)]

serf

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-31/edward-snowdens-unaired-remarks-about-september-11

We do know that handing all private data to the NSA on a silver platter has certainly resulted in an abuse of personal privacy by those tasked with protecting Americans as we detailed in the past in "NSA Agents Used Company Resources To Spy On Former Spouses." Who knows how else this epic trove of private data is being abused by the government for its own ulterior motives, while letting, as Snowden suggested, critical information about the protection of US citizens - the very premise behind the NSA's existence - slip through its fingers.

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I would like Snowden to come to the US, stand trail, air his case in a US Court and let it all hang out. If he is so right let him prove it in a court of law rather than a softball interview with lightweight NBC Brian Williams (where is Mike Wallace when you need him????) I don't believe a thing the guy says actually unless what he says is verified in a court of law with evidence and discovery. Talk is cheap....sitting in Russia.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snowden's release of the NSA data mining could be argued to be the act of a patriot exposing a domestic Government excess.

He crossed the line in exposing the wiretapping of foreign leaders. Yes, we all knew that the US Government spies upon its friends as well as its enemies. One would assume that all countries with the capability do the same. It still should be made public.

There was no benefit to the U.S. citizenry from those releases.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    I would like Snowden to come to the US, stand trail, air his case in a US Court and let it all hang out. If he is so right let him prove it in a court of law rather than a softball interview with lightweight NBC Brian Williams (where is Mike Wallace when you need him????) I don't believe a thing the guy says actually unless what he says is verified in a court of law with evidence and discovery. Talk is cheap....sitting in Russia.

right ...that would work out fineeven if all he says is true