In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guard Units being disarmed of some heavy Weapons?

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Politics
Here is the story I just read.

http://gawker.com/new-crazy-conspiracy-obama-is-taking-away-your-helicop-1563388379

Seems well represented on the search engine and covered by ABC.

http://www.abc27.com/story/24438313/pa-guard-fights-army-over-apache-helicopters

Could it be they just don't want a strong state guard in place or do they plan to stab the nation in the back by allowing a foreign power to come in almost un apposed?

Comments

• Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to ask my buddy who's a NG if he's heard anything about this.
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They probably found out about the Oath Keepers.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Guard has been changed to a peace time Army...
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I can recall........they managed to actually lose heavy weapons and a lot of ammunition at their summer camps. It was all too common to see the " case of beer per man per day " rule being applied when they went into the field.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaveJ
    From what I can recall........they managed to actually lose heavy weapons and a lot of ammunition at their summer camps. It was all too common to see the " case of beer per man per day " rule being applied when they went into the field.

IN the 60's my dad commanded a Tank and the crew had a case of cold beer in the tank on duty. They drank all day and never had to get out to take a leak it was so hot in the desert.
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can remember working with a Army evaluator and reading his hand written reports. The Minnesota 47th Division was at their summer camp at Camp Ripley. He documented wrecked vehicles and hospitalized individuals. Alcohol was involved in many cases. It seemed that these instances were common every year.
    The most interesting part of his report had to do with a gaoler study that took place. Volunteers from a Chicago Army Reserve unit and Minnesota Guard personnel were used as prisoners by the M.P. detachment of the 47th Division. Male and females prisoners were beaten, shoved around, had their clothing torn and were tortured by M.P 's. Most of the M.P.'s were off duty state and local police officers.
    One individual was handcuffed to a tree overnight with no shirt. That part of Minnesota is well know for mosquito problems. The individual was badly bitten and could do nothing to protect himself because his hands were cuffed behind him and around the tree. No less than seven blood injuries were inflicted on different volunteers. One National Guard member was shoved around and tried to defend himself. He was beaten by five M.P.'s and put in the hospital He pressed charges and the local newspaper picked up on it. Later on he was told that he would go further in the Guard if he kept his mouth shut. It all got swept under the table.
    I also had the opportunity to read reports of members of the 47th Divisions engineering units getting drunk and exposing themselves at female Guard/Reserve members. Guards had to be posted at the shower facilities while they were used by females. That was the only way to keep the male Guard members from window peeping or going into the shower areas.
    If I hadn't seen the written report....I'd have never know the truth about that 47th Division Summer Camp....the official report bore no resemblance to fact.