In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Only way to stop these kids

MadjackMadjack Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Politics
You want to stop the kids, at least, who are mostly perpetrating these high profile killings. Granted, the very first thing is to get rid of these violent games. I know from personal experience that the more violence and death you are exposed to, the less it bothers you. No matter if real or imaginary. BUT, We the People, need to stand up and abolish the federal Dept of Education. This is perfectly legal, as the fed government has no right or authority to be involved in this. (I know, the Supreme Court, etc., etc said blah.... blah. Don't mean nothing as the court is as corrupt as the rest) This education issue is entirely a States right. The people of each State are the ones who decide how much money is spent, what is taught, etch. It makes no sense for a state to spend millions to teach hi-tech stuff when all or most of the jobs available are blue collar. The same goes in reverse. If wanted, each state could have schools purposely designed to support the small minority of kids who intend to go to college or are really into research, math, or technology. More importantly, we could rid ourselves of all the useless propaganda perpetrated by this central entity. You really need to talk to these kids from the (I call them generation entitlement) current group to hear their take on our history, values, heroes, et Al. It's disgusting the way they are taught to think and act. Everything is designed to knock down America and to make people like "Che"and "Pol Pot" the mis-understood good guys. Get rid of the DOE & video games and half the war on America is won.

Comments

• MadjackMadjack Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One more thing..... if you have kids under 18, deny them the use of that stupid Facebook & twitter. The crap that is placed on those sites is worse than the garbage the government schools & videos games combined assault their brains with.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Madjack
    You want to stop the kids, at least, who are mostly perpetrating these high profile killings. Granted, the very first thing is to get rid of these violent games. I know from personal experience that the more violence and death you are exposed to, the less it bothers you. No matter if real or imaginary. BUT, We the People, need to stand up and abolish the federal Dept of Education. This is perfectly legal, as the fed government has no right or authority to be involved in this. (I know, the Supreme Court, etc., etc said blah.... blah. Don't mean nothing as the court is as corrupt as the rest) This education issue is entirely a States right. The people of each State are the ones who decide how much money is spent, what is taught, etch. It makes no sense for a state to spend millions to teach hi-tech stuff when all or most of the jobs available are blue collar. The same goes in reverse. If wanted, each state could have schools purposely designed to support the small minority of kids who intend to go to college or are really into research, math, or technology. More importantly, we could rid ourselves of all the useless propaganda perpetrated by this central entity. You really need to talk to these kids from the (I call them generation entitlement) current group to hear their take on our history, values, heroes, et Al. It's disgusting the way they are taught to think and act. Everything is designed to knock down America and to make people like "Che"and "Pol Pot" the mis-understood good guys. Get rid of the DOE & video games and half the war on America is won.

You just need to get our more and see the world of what's going on in ed today. If you think most jobs that are available today are "blue collar" then there is not much we do for you as you are just too far out of the loop of what's going on in higher ed today. I would suggest that you educate yourself and take a trip to your local CC and see what is offered in "blue collar" jobs..........you might be surprise and...gee whiz.....educate yourself about the world in 2014. BYW, colleges today are packed to the gils with student getting trained for the "real world"....and in 1940 it was "blue collar" today it ain't. Get up, get out, and see what is going on....you might be surprised.
    edited November -1
    I don't usually get into pissing matches with the ignorant, but it's been a bad day, so here goes. I don't know where you live, nor do I care. Probably some sewer like NY, Chicago, or LA. But here in W. Washington we have many, well paid blue collar jobs. But the kids graduating from high school have no skills to offer employers. They have plenty of "self esteem" but have really accomplished nothing to prove it. It may be unfortunate but not all kids want to go, nor should go to college. Granted, there are the 10%'ers who will go on to do stupendous things. And another 20% who will embrace the tech world and do just fine, but what about the rest? Due to the current system, forced upon us by bureaucrats thousands of miles away, the Dept of Ed & Teacher Unions literally leave the rest to rot. These kids have not been exposed to the arts, music, mechanics, cabinetry, building trades, cooking, etc. I am speaking from experience when I say I have had to threaten teachers to adhere to a real grading system, to demand respect & timeliness in turning in work, and proper dress in class. (for my kids, obviously) Just as I do at home. Because of these same government entities, we keep all teachers, no matter how poorly they produce. And, if a good teacher, they are punished for "thinking out of the box", teaching "common sense", and especially reading "classics" written by old, out-dated men & women who actually have worldly experience. I have talked to seniors who can not read past the 5th grade level, can't spell without a computer, do math without a calculator, much less simply write in cursive handwriting. They have been taught that America sucks, if you're white to be ashamed, if you're black you have no future other than poverty or jail, that all the deadbeats who decide to not work or destroy their brains with drugs & other vices deserve your sympathy & half of anything you accomplish on your own. These same seniors do not know squat about their (US) Constitution, nor do they know of our Bill of Rights, how to contact their senator or representatives, or simply the correct way to research or study a subject. The local school board, with input from surrounding businesses and parents, can design a study plan that suits their needs much better than the "one size fits all" system filled with propaganda from the feds. Sure, there needs to be a way to assure the main subjects are taught to cross state borders, but the rest is regional, specific to the area.
    Many great tyrannical leaders have said over the years that "if you control the education & the medical care of the people, you control them, period." Well, wake up & smell YOUR roses, cause dictator owe-bama just made you a serf. Enough said!
    edited November -1
    I don't usually get into pissing matches with the ignorant, but it's been a bad day, so here goes. I don't know where you live, nor do I care. Probably some sewer like NY, Chicago, or LA. But here in W. Washington we have many, well paid blue collar jobs. But the kids graduating from high school have no skills to offer employers. They have plenty of "self esteem" but have really accomplished nothing to prove it. It may be unfortunate but not all kids want to go, nor should go to college. Granted, there are the 10%'ers who will go on to do stupendous things. And another 20% who will embrace the tech world and do just fine, but what about the rest? Due to the current system, forced upon us by bureaucrats thousands of miles away, the Dept of Ed & Teacher Unions literally leave the rest to rot. These kids have not been exposed to the arts, music, mechanics, cabinetry, building trades, cooking, etc. I am speaking from experience when I say I have had to threaten teachers to adhere to a real grading system, to demand respect & timeliness in turning in work, and proper dress in class. (for my kids, obviously) Just as I do at home. Because of these same government entities, we keep all teachers, no matter how poorly they produce. And, if a good teacher, they are punished for "thinking out of the box", teaching "common sense", and especially reading "classics" written by old, out-dated men & women who actually have worldly experience. I have talked to seniors who can not read past the 5th grade level, can't spell without a computer, do math without a calculator, much less simply write in cursive handwriting. They have been taught that America sucks, if you're white to be ashamed, if you're black you have no future other than poverty or jail, that all the deadbeats who decide to not work or destroy their brains with drugs & other vices deserve your sympathy & half of anything you accomplish on your own. These same seniors do not know squat about their (US) Constitution, nor do they know of our Bill of Rights, how to contact their senator or representatives, or simply the correct way to research or study a subject. The local school board, with input from surrounding businesses and parents, can design a study plan that suits their needs much better than the "one size fits all" system filled with propaganda from the feds. Sure, there needs to be a way to assure the main subjects are taught to cross state borders, but the rest is regional, specific to the area.
    Many great tyrannical leaders have said over the years that "if you control the education & the medical care of the people, you control them, period." Well, wake up & smell YOUR roses, cause dictator owe-bama just made you a serf. Enough said!
    By the way.... spell check your work.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If we can't so much as get rid of the Department of Energy, an agency that is an utter failure I don't see getting rid of anything. The problem is Congress and the Presidents have created so many agencies that they constitute a government all their own.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Majack! Welcome to the world of "Academia"....you have been schooled by Dr. Proffeesser Potentate Gary Wright the all knowing genius of our illustrious forum,he is a giant among GB folks,so please pay attention to his lectures ,because you can only be mesmerized by his words of value.....Thanks for a great reply...LOL!Keeps this topic from boredom....Willie!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MadJack Welcome to the forums.

Paragraphs are your friend. I have not read your writings due to it being almost unreadable with out any breaks.

We tend to allow for typo errors here, it is a poor feller that can spell a word only one way. [;)]

RITALIN, the drug most over prescribed, keeping kids numb for decades.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Well Madjack, it ain't any better here in eastern Washington.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    monkey see, monkey do.....
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Violent video games and government schools are only part of the problem. The intentional destruction of the family unit lies at the core. Kids have no supervision, no discipline, no exposure to traditional values.

Things like respect, decency, self control, personal responsibility are not taught any more.