In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Time for a change?

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Politics
The term TEA Party is soooo 2010.

Perhaps a name change is in order.

I think I will become a BLUE DOG REPUBLICAN. Don't laugh it fits. Check out the definition from Wikipedia (I have added my own updates)

The term "Blue Dog Democrat" is credited to Texas Democratic Rep. Pete Geren (who later joined the Bush Administration). Geren opined that the members had been "choked blue" by extreme Democrats Republicans from the Left. It is related to the political term "Yellow Dog Democrat," a reference to southern Democrats said to be so loyal they would even vote for a yellow dog if it were labeled Democrat. The term is also a reference to the "Blue Dog" paintings of Cajun artist George Rodrigue of Lafayette, Louisiana, as the original members of the coalition would regularly meet in the offices of Louisiana representatives Billy Tauzin and Jimmy Hayes, both of whom later joined the Republican Party; both had Rodrigue's paintings on their walls. An additional explanation for the term cited by members is "when dogs are not let into the house, they stay outside in the cold and turn blue," a reference to the Blue Dogs' belief they had been left out of a party that they believed had shifted to the political left.

I think I will replace the traditional TEA Party flag with a Blue Dog on a RED background.
But I have yet to decide whether the dog will have a leg hiked.

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    How about a RED Dog on a field of blue...and forget the leg hike, just have him squat like, well, you know[;)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about letting the Elite (R) slime die a slow death of LOF?

Lack Of Funds that is. No money, none, no donations to the (R) party at all, let them freeze in the dark.

That will institute real change faster and more cleanly than any other method.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    How about letting the Elite (R) slime die a slow death of LOF?

Lack Of Funds that is. No money, none, no donations to the (R) party at all, let them freeze in the dark.

That will institute real change faster and more cleanly than any other method.
    Have not sent a dime in the last three years...
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    This brings to mind a quote I heard many years ago. I apologize for not being able to remember who said it (sounds somewhat like Mark Twain or maybe George Will though): "Nobody would spend a million bucks to be elected unless they planned on stealing ten million back."
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    This brings to mind a quote I heard many years ago. I apologize for not being able to remember who said it (sounds somewhat like Mark Twain or maybe George Will though): "Nobody would spend a million bucks to be elected unless they planned on stealing ten million back."

I'm reminded of the 80-20 quote. It was new take stated on a radio talk show by someone who was high up in the government food chain (who wished to remain nameless...go figure)in which he stated that only 20% of the house and senate were really trying to do the right thing for the country and the people they represented, the other 80% were either totally corrupt, on their way to being totally corrupt or so apathetic that they might as well be corrupt.