In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mississippi members

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Politics
Get out and vote tomorrow (Tuesday) and "put Senator Thad Cochran out of office.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beneteau

Get out and vote tomorrow (Tuesday) and "put Senator Thad Cochran out of office.

I asked all my business friends in the coast to vote him out...I hope they listen...
  • Options
    vette81vette81 Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I voted for Chris
  • Options
    vette81vette81 Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I voted for Chris
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    If Cochran is reelected and the REP's take over the Senate in NOV 2014 he will become the chairman of the most powerful committee in the Senate....the APP committee where every federal dollar is doled out. Sen Robert Byrd of WV was chairman for years (even gave up being MLeader to chair it!) and he made sure that our state got its share of federal dollars from everything from roads (went from the worst roads in the US to some of the best), moving Fed agencies like ATF and FBI to WV with their high paying jobs....on and on. With Cochran in control MISS has the potential to see that it gets its share of the fed dollars.....which is a very good reason for keeping him in DC IMO. But I see the "same old suspects" barking another tune on this thread which doesn't surprise me one whit....just the dumb political move IMO....putting MISS to wayback of the line rather than first in line. What's smart about that?[:o)]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    If Cochran is reelected and the REP's take over the Senate in NOV 2014 he will become the chairman of the most powerful committee in the Senate....the APP committee where every federal dollar is doled out. Sen Robert Byrd of WV was chairman for years (even gave up being MLeader to chair it!) and he made sure that our state got its share of federal dollars from everything from roads (went from the worst roads in the US to some of the best), moving Fed agencies like ATF and FBI to WV with their high paying jobs....on and on. With Cochran in control MISS has the potential to see that it gets its share of the fed dollars.....which is a very good reason for keeping him in DC IMO. But I see the "same old suspects" barking another tune on this thread which doesn't surprise me one whit....just the dumb political move IMO....putting MISS to wayback of the line rather than first in line. What's smart about that?[:o)]

I agree with you, with as little as I know about Mississippi politics a lot of money is going there, plus they still have their glorious state flag which will become history for sure if progressives take control.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WAhooooooooooo Cantor wins! Tings look good for Chris! Tae Party ain't dead![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    WAhooooooooooo Cantor wins! Tings look good for Chris! Tae Party ain't dead![:D]

Charles is so confused that he can't spell "Tea!" What a hoot! It is going to be interesting to analyze the Brat victory as in VA DEM's could actually vote in the REP primary...........wonder how many did vote for Brat?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Charles is so confused that he can't spell "Tea!" What a hoot! It is going to be interesting to analyze the Brat victory as in VA DEM's could actually vote in the REP primary...........wonder how many did vote for Brat?
    Can you spell "loser"?...well get use to it! Go by your local Tea Party office and beg forgiveness before its to late...[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since I am a thousand miles from MS, how is the campaign going for Thad? Does he have a chance? Hopeless? Need a fair and balanced report....not some of the usual. Be candid and frank.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since I am a thousand miles from MS, how is the campaign going for Thad? Does he have a chance? Hopeless? Need a fair and balanced report....not some of the usual. Be candid and frank.
    Gary(Your Majesty)Looks like a new Senator....my friends(business) all say "Cochran" is done...and they are the money behind the new guy...But,it is an election,and remember what happened to Cantor...[;)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It is the honorable thing to do; otherwise you continue to give tacit approval to the trillions in debt, corruption, lies, more government and less freedom. Only the selfish think of getting from others instead of working for it themselves. Byrd was a disgrace to his nation, a evil self centered power broker that made darn sure his party and politics came before what was right.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

It is the honorable thing to do; otherwise you continue to give tacit approval to the trillions in debt, corruption, lies, more government and less freedom. Only the selfish think of getting from others instead of working for it themselves. Byrd was a disgrace to his nation, a evil self centered power broker that made darn sure his party and politics came before what was right.

bpost....you are certainly entitled to your view of a great West Virginian but I might suggest that you don't spout that stuff inside anywhere in the Mt. State where he rightly considered a hero for taking care of his home state. Mississippi is a poor state like WV and needs help anyway it can get it IMO. It is not popular today to talk about getting a FED fair share for your home state but they all still do it....heck, if you mention in DE cutting back Dover Air Force Base you will have a VP and two Senators (Carper and *) down your neck in a heartbeat. If you don't think it is still done, you don't really know how the system works. It started when the US was created (check out how the first six ship (all frigates) USN contract was let and it is still here and will always be here. I say more power to Thad for looking out for his home state all the years he has been in DC. What you consider a real negative I think will work in his favor when the election is held...might not be enough to elect him for his other liabilities, but it should help, not hurt him, in the general election. But, again, I am 1000m away from MS and not familiar with the campaign other than what I read and see. Do you live in MS?
  • Options
    edited November -1

bpost....you are certainly entitled to your view of a great West Virginian but I might suggest that you don't spout that stuff inside anywhere in the Mt. State where he rightly considered a hero for taking care of his home state.

Mississippi is a poor state like WV and needs help anyway it can get it IMO. It is not popular today to talk about getting a FED fair share for your home state but they all still do it....heck, if you mention in DE cutting back Dover Air Force Base you will have a VP and two Senators (Carper and *) down your neck in a heartbeat. If you don't think it is still done, you don't really know how the system works.

It started when the US was created (check out how the first six ship (all frigates) USN contract was let and it is still here and will always be here. I say more power to Thad for looking out for his home state all the years he has been in DC.

What you consider a real negative I think will work in his favor when the election is held...might not be enough to elect him for his other liabilities, but it should help, not hurt him, in the general election. But, again, I am 1000m away from MS and not familiar with the campaign other than what I read and see. Do you live in MS?

I live in deep South Ohio, Meigs county to be exact. My family comes from WV, I spend a lot of time in WV working and live about 4 miles from the Ohio river. I don't give a tinkers damn what the freeloaders and SSDI scammers in WV think. Byrd was a scumbag, he lied and cheated his way to power, he stole the election for Kennedy. Mingo, Logan, Wood and several other counties are cesspools of corruption, little changed from the time of "sheets Byrd".

The "system" does not work. Note the period. The "system" is corruption, lies and dishonor; the system needs clean hands, clean minds unsullied by the filth of the two party strangle hold on DC.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pork or bringing home the bacon undoubtedly influences elections. But I do think we should keep constitutional authorized functions (military bases and government contracts) separate from things like housing subsidies, school lunch programs, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, student loans, etc, etc.

The lines are becoming more defined. As a Conservative I do not find any Constitutional authorization for compassion (not even in the "good and plenty" clause).

While there is momentum building to correct some of these issues will it be enough to actually fix the problem? I doubt it. We have arrived at this point thru ignorance and/or apathy of how the system was intended to work.

There are still WAY to many that vote because they perceive a personal benefit or just to feel good that someone else is taking care of a "problem" regardless of the eventual outcome or cost.

Personally when the choice is to vote for principal or profit, I will choose principal.
  • Options
    edited November -1

bpost....you are certainly entitled to your view of a great West Virginian but I might suggest that you don't spout that stuff inside anywhere in the Mt. State where he rightly considered a hero for taking care of his home state.

Mississippi is a poor state like WV and needs help anyway it can get it IMO. It is not popular today to talk about getting a FED fair share for your home state but they all still do it....heck, if you mention in DE cutting back Dover Air Force Base you will have a VP and two Senators (Carper and *) down your neck in a heartbeat. If you don't think it is still done, you don't really know how the system works.

It started when the US was created (check out how the first six ship (all frigates) USN contract was let and it is still here and will always be here. I say more power to Thad for looking out for his home state all the years he has been in DC.

What you consider a real negative I think will work in his favor when the election is held...might not be enough to elect him for his other liabilities, but it should help, not hurt him, in the general election. But, again, I am 1000m away from MS and not familiar with the campaign other than what I read and see. Do you live in MS?

I live in deep South Ohio, Meigs county to be exact. My family comes from WV, I spend a lot of time in WV working and live about 4 miles from the Ohio river. I don't give a tinkers damn what the freeloaders and SSDI scammers in WV think. Byrd was a scumbag, he lied and cheated his way to power, he stole the election for Kennedy. Mingo, Logan, Wood and several other counties are cesspools of corruption, little changed from the time of "sheets Byrd".

The "system" does not work. Note the period. The "system" is corruption, lies and dishonor; the system needs clean hands, clean minds unsullied by the filth of the two party strangle hold on DC.

Sorry you think so little of WV folks but you know very little evidently about Robert Byrd, the 1960 election and Byrd's overwhelming popularity in the state. I met him once in Raleigh Co (my home WV county, near his in Sophia/Mabscott). It is a joke in my family that in Raleigh Co (as well as most WV counties) Byrd was overwhelming popular (won all 55 counties in two of his elections) but the main drag into Beckley (the county seat) is named after my family (Harper Rd) and two of the I77 signs coming into Beckley have Harper Rd on top of Byrd Drive!! My grandaughters laugh and clapped every time we drive by those two Interstate signs! If you knew a little about 1960 politics you would know that Byrd actually supported Hubert H, not JFK. Now the other WV Sen Jennings Randolph did support JFK. Heck, Byrd even defeated Teddy several times for leadership positions. JFK was very popular in WV and I saw it first hand as I did some envelope stuffing for him in his Charleston HQ and saw it first hand. But to your point after graft and corruption in WV....I saw it too first hand back in the day..and lots of nepotism (my grandmother got fired the day after Rep Cecil Underwood was elected Gov....and had to scrape by taking in renters in her house on Duffy St in Charleston for four years until the DEM's came back in and she got her old job back in the Liquor Commission. I remember going to the polls with my grandfather, Jeff Harper, at Eccles WV and seeing the boxes of halfpints lined up outside...candidates buying miners votes for booze. As to Byrd's membership in the KKK...he did, admitted to it, and regretted it for the rest of his life, knowing that haters of him would always use it against him as you have done. But your Ohio views, notwithstanding, his memory is strong in the Mt State to this day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First you say that WV left Va. because of slavery and staying in the union...now you say Byrd was a Klansman...and he regretted it...well George Wallace regretted being a black manipulator(Votes)..So, Gary I see you stuffed envelopes for JFK! So that tells me your a closet Dem...just like I suspected all along....Lost your credibility? Think folks will listen to you anymore?...Well I will,because I like to know what the opposition is doing...Hope we remain friends,after all you are a Dr.....[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think I would put JFK in the Democrat party as it is currently comprised. LBJ, that is different I think his expansion of government (Great Society) was simply to buy votes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First you say that WV left Va. because of slavery and staying in the union...now you say Byrd was a Klansman...and he regretted it...well George Wallace regretted being a black manipulator(Votes)..So, Gary I see you stuffed envelopes for JFK! So that tells me your a closet Dem...just like I suspected all along....Lost your credibility? Think folks will listen to you anymore?...Well I will,because I like to know what the opposition is doing...Hope we remain friends,after all you are a Dr.....[:o)]

pwillie....WV was s border state but during the Civil War many in the southern part favored the south....if you knew a little WV history (had to take a year of it in college as a history major) you would know that the state was born in the north...Wheeling...and only later the capitol moved south to Charleston. My GGGrandfather (Jacob Harper) was jumped and murdered in 1863 near Harper by some Reb bushwackers so in my family the south not much loved. Yes, I worked for JFK's election but was too young to vote in 1960 but he was liked by me and lots of other WV folks....he worked the little towns up and down the state and folks liked his down to earth humor and youthful good looks.....many of the same reasons he was elected. I think most folks today would consider JFK a conservative DEM....which is what most folks in WV are today including this guy....and that is one reason why our very liberal and progressive POTUS is so disliked in WV. Glad we are still friends[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

pwillie....WV was s border state but during the Civil War many in the southern part favored the south....if you knew a little WV history (had to take a year of it in college as a history major) you would know that the state was born in the north...Wheeling...and only later the capitol moved south to Charleston. My GGGrandfather (Jacob Harper) was jumped and murdered in 1863 near Harper by some Reb bushwackers so in my family the south not much loved. Yes, I worked for JFK's election but was too young to vote in 1960 but he was liked by me and lots of other WV folks....he worked the little towns up and down the state and folks liked his down to earth humor and youthful good looks.....many of the same reasons he was elected. I think most folks today would consider JFK a conservative DEM....which is what most folks in WV are today including this guy....and that is one reason why our very liberal and progressive POTUS is so disliked in WV. Glad we are still friends[;)]
    You sure you don't hold a grudge against "southerners"?.....You Hill Billies seem to have originated fueds....I'm gonna let you off on the "JFK thing,but you need to make a decision on your Rhino position....move more to the central, and I will let you back into the Southern State Reform...[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

You sure you don't hold a grudge against "southerners"?.....You Hill Billies seem to have originated fueds....I'm gonna let you off on the "JFK thing,but you need to make a decision on your Rhino position....move more to the central, and I will let you back into the Southern State Reform...[:o)]

pwillie....nope, ain't a Rhino as I ain't a REP! I am a WV conservative DEM, sometimes called a "blue dog" kinda the same as Joe Manchin, the present SEN from WV who's views are more in line with mine. So I can't vote in any REP election as I ain't one. And, yes, I know a bit about WV and feud's as my pat GGrandfather, Abe Redden, from Redden Ridge WV (near Shady Spring) knew Devil Anse Hatfield well, stayed in his cabin many a time, and told me many stories about the real guy...not the Kevin Costner character. And my Wray family is from Rocky Mt VA and my GGGrandmoter's mother was the "girlfriend" of LT GEN Jubal Early of....Rocky Mt VA so I do have some southern "chops" so your permission to get back into the southern way of thinking is really not needed[;)]but thanks anyway![:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just a little heads up.......

"Looking at June 24th, as I write this message of URGENCY, I cannot help from thinking of Martin Luther King, Jr., who said, "It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation. Not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people who sit around and say, `Wait on time'" and do nothing.

Well, that "TIME" IS NOW-JUNE 24TH!!! This is the date of URGENCY , demanding-IF YOU DID NOT vote June 3-that you go to the polls and vote REPUBLICAN IN THE RUNOFF ELECTION.

Democrats, who did not vote June 3, CAN "CROSSOVER." THAD COCHRAN is the BEST CANDIDATE! He has GREAT SENIORITY ADVANTAGE on the Appropriations Committee. HE IS A MODERATE REPUBLICAN-who will benefit ALL MISSISSIPPIANS!!! "

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/21/bombshell-photo-democrats-campaigning-for-moderate-cochran-in-mississippi/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Today is the Day.

Here is an interesting article.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2014/06/24/5-reasons-mississippi-republicans-should-send-thad-cochran-packing-today-n1854992?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

The highlights are:
    1) Thad Cochran is not mentally up to the job of being a senator anymore:
    2) Thad Cochran has served long enough:
    3) Thad Cochran isn't conservative enough to be a senator for a state like Mississippi:
    4) Thad Cochran is explicitly trying to get Democrats to put him over the top in the primary:
    5) You can send a message to the Establishment by voting Cochran out of office:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sitting here a thousand miles away and reading about the Thad campaign, and reading about it in the local papers, I am trying to figure out why he is trying to appeal to DEM voters to win the campaign. That sounds to me like desperation and will not play well. Is he that desperate? I know the guy is a lousy campaigner but this strikes me as a silly attempt that will backfire on him. The larger question is why does MS allow DEM's to vote (evidently like VA) in a REP election? Can't happen in little DE....you can only vote in your party primary...even Ind can't vote in a DEM or REP primary. Going to be interesting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sitting here a thousand miles away and reading about the Thad campaign, and reading about it in the local papers, I am trying to figure out why he is trying to appeal to DEM voters to win the campaign. That sounds to me like desperation and will not play well. Is he that desperate? I know the guy is a lousy campaigner but this strikes me as a silly attempt that will backfire on him. The larger question is why does MS allow DEM's to vote (evidently like VA) in a REP election? Can't happen in little DE....you can only vote in your party primary...even Ind can't vote in a DEM or REP primary. Going to be interesting.

Only 12 States use the "Closed Primary" system like Delaware.

The mixed or the open method for primaries does appear to me to be more democratic. If you can send money to either party and can vote on election day any way you wish, why should you be denied a voice in the selection of the candidates?

It appears to me that the closed primary effectively silences candidates and many voters that may consider themselves "Blue Dog" or Independent.

Interesting to say the least.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Blue Dog"???...your a Progressive hiding behind a vale of Academia!Very few people that choose to live in a Northern State that has returned Joe Biden time and again to the Senate level in Congress could be a true conservative...you want us folks to vote hard right so as to guarantee the Progressive future...Gary my friend,you weave a wicked web...But rest assured, change will come,and you will see a birth of a new nation..[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The "Rhino" money prevailed....Mississippi stays down and out....[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am disappointed, of course. But all in all not a bad showing for an attitude/ideology that has only been building momentum for a little over 4 years. 49.5% IS pressure and can't be ignored, taken for granted...absolutely.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Woohoo! The Good Old Boys Network financed the manipulation of the Democrat crossover vote and co-opted the will of Mississippi's Republican voter base!

Hooray for the big-government progressives! Long live the status quo! Constitutional principles be damned, we owe our souls to the party!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Woohoo! The Good Old Boys Network financed the manipulation of the Democrat crossover vote and co-opted the will of Mississippi's Republican voter base!

Hooray for the big-government progressives! Long live the status quo! Constitutional principles be damned, we owe our souls to the party!

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I don't live in MS but if I did I would work to stop the crossover voting by DEM's in a REP primary...also hurt Cantor in VA....it worked there for DEM's who wanted to see him out...and the Tea Party took credit for it. Hurt the Tea Party here and I really don't think its fair....only the party having the primary should be allowed to vote IMO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Blue Dog"???...your a Progressive hiding behind a vale of Academia!Very few people that choose to live in a Northern State that has returned Joe Biden time and again to the Senate level in Congress could be a true conservative...you want us folks to vote hard right so as to guarantee the Progressive future...Gary my friend,you weave a wicked web...But rest assured, change will come,and you will see a birth of a new nation..[;)]

pwillie....I know you read what I post and you know I ain't a progressive nor do I support Joe Biden so I take your comments to be "tongue in cheek." I am a conservative DEM from WV and "my web" is just that....ain't at REP by any stretch and I happen to like change actually and in my little community am known as a "change agent." I just like SMART change, change for the better, change that helps folks, not hurts them. If was in MS I most likely would not have voted for Thad but would have to have read more up on the issues and how the other guy could help my state. Evidently the majority of folks from MS didn't like what they saw and said "NO" to him. Another loss for the Tea Party and its leadership that pulled out all the stops and dough to get Thad out and it didn't work. I think Thad in a Senate leadership position helps MS more than hurts it as that is the way the Senate is constructed and it ain't going to change anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1

pwillie....I know you read what I post and you know I ain't a progressive nor do I support Joe Biden so I take your comments to be "tongue in cheek." I am a conservative DEM from WV and "my web" is just that....ain't at REP by any stretch and I happen to like change actually and in my little community am known as a "change agent." I just like SMART change, change for the better, change that helps folks, not hurts them. If was in MS I most likely would not have voted for Thad but would have to have read more up on the issues and how the other guy could help my state. Evidently the majority of folks from MS didn't like what they saw and said "NO" to him. Another loss for the Tea Party and its leadership that pulled out all the stops and dough to get Thad out and it didn't work. I think Thad in a Senate leadership position helps MS more than hurts it as that is the way the Senate is constructed and it ain't going to change anytime soon.

OK, now I am interested in the positions of a "Conservative" Democrat.
    Pro Life?
    2nd Amendment as applied by State and Federal Government?
    National Debt?
    What adjustments should be made to address the deficit?
    What could be done to help the economy improve?

Back to the topic.
    There can be little doubt that Democrat crossover put Cochran over the top.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just a little information from FreedomWorks

Travis W. Childers- Lifetime Score 49%
    Thad Cochran - Lifetime Score 57%

Tough choice in November.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947

OK, now I am interested in the positions of a "Conservative" Democrat.
    Pro Life?
    2nd Amendment as applied by State and Federal Government?
    National Debt?
    What adjustments should be made to address the deficit?
    What could be done to help the economy improve?

Back to the topic.
    There can be little doubt that Democrat crossover put Cochran over the top.

I guess you deserve an answer to your questions from this one BlueDog DEM speaking for only himself. Yes, prolife. Yes, worried more about state attacks on the 2nd Amendment and resist them all. We should start to pay down the national debt....like the idea of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution. The deficit...if we did the previous sentence and elect a business oriented POTUS, the deficit would start to come down with someone in control who would listen to those who know how to rebuild our economy rather than progressive idiots who have done nothing in their lives but sign the back of a check. And that would answer you last question...and start to shut down the EPA which is killing jobs in America particularly in my state of WV, IM BlueDog O. And many Tea Party folks will disagree with your last statement about DEM crossover votes electing Brat...they think they did it! DEM's crossovers certainly helped Thad in MS. Hope that helps[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Why is this such a tough decision? If we want to take over the Senate and have REP's in control you don't elect DEM's. No brainer. Let's take the Senate over and get rid of Harry Reid, the second step in the process to take back the White House. Electing DEM's ain't the smart way IMO. Suck it up and vote for Thad in Nov.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Why is this such a tough decision? If we want to take over the Senate and have REP's in control you don't elect DEM's. No brainer. Let's take the Senate over and get rid of Harry Reid, the second step in the process to take back the White House. Electing DEM's ain't the smart way IMO. Suck it up and vote for Thad in Nov.

Well consider this.
    There are 34 Senate seats up for re-election in 2014.

13 Republican
    21 Democrat

For the Democrats to lose control of the Senate would take Democrats -6.

I have heard reports that they could lose 8, 10 or even more.

Unless the Democrats are -15 (not likely at this time) -6 is enough.

If it would appear to be as high as -7 or -8 then what if the Tea Party switched its support to the Democrat. This would send a message to the GOP. Perhaps then the establishment GOP would consider attacking a Democrat at least to the level it attacks a Tea Party supported candidate. I would like to see what that would look like.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well consider this.
    There are 34 Senate seats up for re-election in 2014.

13 Republican
    21 Democrat

For the Democrats to lose control of the Senate would take Democrats -6.

I have heard reports that they could lose 8, 10 or even more.

Unless the Democrats are -15 (not likely at this time) -6 is enough.

If it would appear to be as high as -7 or -8 then what if the Tea Party switched its support to the Democrat. This would send a message to the GOP. Perhaps then the establishment GOP would consider attacking a Democrat at least to the level it attacks a Tea Party supported candidate. I would like to see what that would look like.

Why don't we just turn all the DEM's out that we can and get a supermajority in the Senate........now that would send the right kind of signal to the LIB's. The only message that needs to be sent IMO is to turn the DEM's out and then take over the White House in 2016. This ain't rocket science....let's not get a brain F!@$ trying to outthink the other side....let's just get them out of power and get this country back on track.
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Looks like a Dem won the Republican primary. Thad Cockran couldn't have won without his lying and getting his Democrat support. Nothing but a POS. Damn if he will get my vote in November. After the crap he pulled, my wife and I will be voting 3rd party.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Joe Manchin let the stink of DC stain him forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-bHtKFuxg

He is a PARTY FIRST scumbag now a real hunk of junk.

Sad, since when he was WV governor I thought he placed people above party and did a great job for WV. His stance on the gun issue forever erased his standing as a good guy that gets what freedom is.