In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pope Calls Communist Closet Christians?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
Has the Pope looked around and seen how many earthly possessions the Roman Catholic church has with tax free revenue flowing into their coffers!

He has lost prospective of what The Church had been a long time! A business with him being the CEO!

The temple and the palace is coming together again! Just watch!

serf

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/29/us-pope-communism-idUSKBN0F40L020140629

I can only say that the communists have stolen our flag. The flag of the poor is Christian. Poverty is at the center of the Gospel," he said, citing Biblical passages about the need to help the poor, the sick and the needy.

"Communists say that all this is communism. Sure, twenty centuries later. So when they speak, one can say to them: 'but then you are Christian'," he said, laughing.

Since his election in March 2013, Francis has often attacked the global economic system as being insensitive to the poor and not doing enough to share wealth with those who need it most.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jesus advocated for the individual and the church helping the poor. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I see no evidence that he advocated for it to be a function of the state.

Mayhaps the Pope has a sense of humor, but it sounds like his political ideology is intruding upon his view of the proper biblical role of the state.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    let his church "share the wealth" ... they got enough treasure to make every peasant a king
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1920's Mussolini gave to Holy Roman church back the Vatican and paid the Church for the Papal States that Garibaldi 1865 [the George Washington of Italy] fought hard an many died 5to unify Italy as a Country.

This drained the Italian treasury, causing Hitler to deploy 1/2 million German troops to Africa, Libya, and Greece to support Mussolini failed effort, that and the bad decision declaring war on the U.S. [who at that time were isolationist] Hitler did so with hopes the Japs would invade Russia, these reasons some Historians say were the main reason Hitler lost in Russia.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Jesus advocated for the individual and the church helping the poor. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I see no evidence that he advocated for it to be a function of the state.

Mayhaps the Pope has a sense of humor, but it sounds like his political ideology is intruding upon his view of the proper biblical role of the state.

Be glad to.

Jesus did or said nothing inconsistent with the rest of scripture.

Which would mean He knew that a theocracy was the only acceptable approach to governance of men.

So charity, whether person to person, or through governmental means, would be the same command.

The Only problem is no man is infallible including the pope even in theology matters. I can't buy Catholicism thinking they are the holders of the keys. Jesuits especially with their past history for violence.

serf
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Be glad to.

Jesus did or said nothing inconsistent with the rest of scripture.

Which would mean He knew that a theocracy was the only acceptable approach to governance of men.

So charity, whether person to person, or through governmental means, would be the same command.

Jesus accepted the authority of Rome, did he not?

How does that square with your statement?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    "Yeshua said to them, 'Give what is Caesar's to Caesar and what is God's to God.' And they marveled at him."

"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land."
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another Jewish "hate" thread in the guise of Catholicism ...I'm Catholic, but I have never thought a mortal man is infallible......