In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who is your candidate for 2016?

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
I know it's early....but watching Obama's presidency implode before my eyes makes me feel like speculating.

No need to argue the reasons for or against your particular choice, I'd just like to see where everyone is at.

As of now, I'll take Rand Paul. I think he would crush Hillary in the general election.

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't come soon enough. This guy is driving us into the side of a mountain !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Rand Paul should wait until 2020. Although he is 10 times the man that our current president is, and is much more open minded and thoughtful, he is still a first term Senator. I would like to see him develop a fuller track record. If the GOP is smart (I know[:I]) and takes the Senate, Paul should be put into a leadership role that will fully expose him for good or other.

Also, the mealy-mouthed need a few more years to get over Rand's father. So many bought into the isolationism label that Rand, unless he waits, will spend as much time defending or explaining the positions of his father as he will advocating for his own.

2016? Paul is probably the best the GOP has to offer at this point. A Jim DeMint run would be interesting and would be an intellectual challenge to any DEM contender.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Any candidate that the REP nominates will get my vote. I ain't picking favorites although I have a couple that I like, ANY REP will be far better than the alternative. We have been to the other side of the Mtn for the last six years and seen the "promissed land" of Obama......and it is ugly. I have NO litmus test for any REP candidate as do many on this Forum.....let's just work together to get the DEM's out everywhere. I see a REP House, a REP Senate in 2015 and a REP POTUS (if we all can stick together) in 2017. That wonderful picture will be necessary to get the country back on the track from the BO trainwreck. But all conservatives have to stick together and quit beating each other up to get the job done.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a scratch on my record.

A Happy 4th to you, Gary.[:)]

And to all.

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:There is a scratch on my record.[;)]

Happy Independence Day everybody.

Let's hope the rumors of a possible "terrorist" attack are overblown.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    931 and counting.

My preference in the past has someone that is NOT a congressman (Senate or House).
    I would like a Governor, Scott Walker, Perry off the top.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    There is a scratch on my record.

A Happy 4th to you, Gary.[:)]

And to all.

Don

Don.....and the same to you![:)]
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call me selfish if you please. I have not been able to find one that would do anything that would make my life any better, all of the candidates that are controlled by mega wealth industrialist.

The Tea Party swings like a pendulum, it has been hijacked by big time wealthy magnets who have no left or right agenda, just doing what best for the deep pockets.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I certainly like much of what Rand Paul has to say, and disagree on minor issues.

Justin Amash of MI is also a favorable candidate. Other than that I can't think of anyone that believes heavily in the 4th amendment.
    (2016 litmus test if you will)

Most republican candidates like democrats will ignore and have ignored the 4th amendment.

I haven't voted for an R or D on a presidential ballot and don't plan on starting unless they can deliver a good candidate. I and a million others stood on high ground last time.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Libertarian or Constitutional Party candidate will get my vote. Unless the (R) party has a Stalinesque style purge for the entrenched Elite they will not get my vote or $$ again.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...no one at this time...stay tuned...[8D]...I think there will be a "Pale Rider' come forth...
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BEN CARSON. Been my pick since I researched him following the sanity expressed at the National Prayer Breakfast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carbine100
    BEN CARSON. Been my pick since I researched him following the sanity expressed at the National Prayer Breakfast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA

I like Carson too. Some have questioned his 2nd Amendment stands, but I have listened to him talk about the 2nd Amendment and find nothing to really worry about there. I think Condi Rice would be a great VP candidate too....not wouldn't that ticket throw "the community" into a tither!!!![:D][:D][:)][:p][8D] I like Scott Walker too....I think a REP Gov who has actually done some things rather than a SEN who has never run anything but an office is not the way to go....we got one of those now and look at the mess we got.
  • Options
    woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben Carson. A brilliant man, a true American guy with street smarts. He'll surround himself with brilliant men.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodchuckjohn
    Ben Carson. A brilliant man, a true American guy with street smarts. He'll surround himself with brilliant men.

I agree but I doubt he's going to run. I doubt he wants to run the lame stream media's gauntlet whose sole purpose is to destroy all who oppose the left's agenda.