In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lerner?s crashed hard drive has been recycled,!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
Obama's regime over the people is crooked and defiled by the his lies,inaction's and his Cabinet that serves him with liberal criminal intend! He is a crook just like Nixon was!

serf

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-lois-lerner-emails-108044.html

The latest news suggests such professionals may never get the chance to try again - and the IRS has even said its criminal investigators who specialize in rebuilding hard drives to recover hidden information from criminals were unable to restore the data back in 2011. But this is only likely to further enrage Republicans, who are fuming over the matter and suspect Washington officials drove the selective scrutiny.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    only republican e-mails are recoverable by democrat techs from a "crashed" democrat computer.....any techie knows this
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Son the Computer Expert tells Me that when a E-Mail is deleted even if You destroy the Hard Drive the E-Mails are still on whatever Server They went through. And Gee,I thought the Government recorded all of the E-Mails from Everyone in the Country anyway.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about subpoenaing Lerners contact list then subpoenaing ALL e-mail they received FROM Lerner.

I'll bet that would result Executive Privilege.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So did the server that backed it up, it crashed and got recycled too!!

That is about as likely as being hit by lighting while in a closed room three stories underground surrounded by a Faraday cage.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Just doesn't pass the smell test IMO although I am not a computer expert. My local computer geek tells me that emails can be dug out with enough effort....don't believe this POTUS wants to put in the effort! Just another disaster in a long litany of disasters from this "most tranparent administration in history"[B)]Right[:(]
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Even a "crashed" hard drive can be restored, and ALL of the contents cloned to another drive.
    This is the classic "smoke and mirrors" distraction we have grown to expect from the lefty cowards; blame a 3-year-old "crashed" hard drive for inefficiencies and incomplete data, when all they want to do is politically threaten their opponents, and retain power over a stupid and so easily duped populace.
    The mulatto-in-chief must be slapping himself on the back for dreaming up such a "transparent" explanation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man, the IRS guy is getting a real grillin' up on the Hill. Sadly, it would have been better if the guy had fessed up, said sorry, and it won't happen again. Instead, he is taking the adm KoolAid and not feeling sorry for a darn thing....these guys just don't get it...but then look who is leading them...is it any wonder[:o)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got to hand it to "Bonzo"...he is a Rock Star!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    Man, the IRS guy is getting a real grillin' up on the Hill. Sadly, it would have been better if the guy had fessed up, said sorry, and it won't happen again. Instead, he is taking the adm KoolAid and not feeling sorry for a darn thing....these guys just don't get it...but then look who is leading them...is it any wonder[:o)]

The head of the IRS is asking the committee if he can have a "redo" in his testimony. Should be interesting on what he has to say...I am thinking that he is beginning to believe that he could also be brought up on charges of perjury....should be interesting on what he has to say. I think Issa is giving him a chance to make the record right...hope so, anyway. We will see....
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could expand this.

I am not an IP expert, but have experience in networking. I have used Outlook on a corporate network from the user end and currently use Thunderbird. In both cases the default setting is to leave the messages on the server. The user must change setting to download the messages as well as delete them from the server. If the messages are deleted from the server then the E-mail messages are only available via the computer they have been downloaded to. NO mobile mail access to previous retrieved mail. All E-mail MUST be done from the 1 office computer.

Do Federal administrators stay in their office and only send and receive e-mail from that location?