In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Money is always the answer....

Comments

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta make you wonder how they come up with some of those numbers.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is only $31.84 per TAXPAYER.
    Of money we don't have. We'll just put it on the card.
    But rest assured the border is secure. The fence is basically complete. (HE SAYS SO)
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well if kiddies are coming thru the fence like a tidal tsunami then I would file a lawsuit against the builder for a crappy job....lawyers would flock to this one
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Simply another of the President's lies. The "Refugee Act of 1980," reauthorized in 2002, provides refugee status for all who enter the US and claim asylum by merely stating that they are escaping oppression. These kids turn themselves in to ICE who then sends them to a court official who schedules a hearing. While they're waiting for the hearing, they are sent to a relative, foster care, or other responsible party's residence. When the court sends word to appear in court, they're inexplicably nowhere to be found.

If anything, this money that the President is calling for will be spent to aid in more thoroughly scattering the kids all over the country so that they can never be found and deported. That way they can grow up as wards of the state and become dutiful entitlement-class voters.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Corruption is EXPENSIVE.

The Manhattan Project began modestly in 1939, but grew to employ more than 130,000 people and cost nearly US$2 billion (about $26 billion in 2014[1] dollars). Over 90% of the cost was for building factories and producing the fissile materials, with less than 10% for development and production of the weapons.

We all know it does not cost 4 billion bucks, that is 4,000 million dollars to feed 60,000 kids.

If the cost to fly them home first class on commercial airlines was $2,000 a head the cost would be $120 million bucks, where is the other $3,880 million bucks going???? It is going to corruption, political favors, you give me that I'll will give you that type politics and governmental stupidity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not happy with my life here in * flats...can I be a refugee and get a new life FREE ????
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Corruption is EXPENSIVE.

The Manhattan Project began modestly in 1939, but grew to employ more than 130,000 people and cost nearly US$2 billion (about $26 billion in 2014[1] dollars). Over 90% of the cost was for building factories and producing the fissile materials, with less than 10% for development and production of the weapons.

We all know it does not cost 4 billion bucks, that is 4,000 million dollars to feed 60,000 kids.

If the cost to fly them home first class on commercial airlines was $2,000 a head the cost would be $120 million bucks, where is the other $3,880 million bucks going???? It is going to corruption, political favors, you give me that I'll will give you that type politics and governmental stupidity.

Absolutely!! I remember when Katrina hit the Gulf region and within 48 hrs of making landfall they had a damage estimate that equated to around $650,000 per "victim". The storm wasn't even over. They make it up and the public does nothing to stop it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can't be that expensive to march them to the border and across telling them to go they same way they came...what idiot believes they should get preferential treatment at our expense... I DO NOT want to adopt and support millions...hard enough to pay my own living bills
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....But we are so humane......I bet you money,if they started shoving them back across the border,they would quit coming...
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We could start by undoing some mistakes that are being exploited. REPEAL the Refugee Act of 1980, The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000 and any other laws that are being used to create the backlog that creates the crisis.
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by casper1947
    We could start by undoing some mistakes that are being exploited. REPEAL the Refugee Act of 1980, The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000 and any other laws that are being used to create the backlog that creates the crisis.

Time to wake up! It would be nice to think the politicians would do the right thing....yeah, right.
    The time to put men and weapons on the border is now and not later.
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Corruption is EXPENSIVE.

The rest of the money is to send 40 Judges to Texas to review the cases. That would be about right amount to pay 40 lawyer/judges .. they would want the same in a class action suit against Texas :)