In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill Passes with Language Delaying Funding of U.N.

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
Like to think there is someone looking out for us but I have a feeling it's only posturing.

Waco

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2014/6/bill-passes-with-language-delaying-funding-of-un-arms-trade-treaty.aspx

Bill Passes with Language Delaying Funding of U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

Posted on June 27, 2014

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014, the U.S. House Appropriations Committee passed the State Foreign Operations bill, containing language prohibiting funds to be used for the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty prior to a full ratification of the treaty by the U.S. Senate. Specifically, section 7061 states: "None of the funds appropriated by this Act may be obligated or expended to implement the Arms Trade Treaty until the Senate approves a resolution of ratification for the Treaty."

Last September, the U.N. adopted the ATT and President Obama directed Secretary of State John Kerry to sign it. The treaty does not exclude civilian arms from its scope and therefore potentially threatens civilian gun ownership in the United States..

NRA-ILA is working to ensure that the Senate does not ratify the ATT. Last October, a bipartisan group of 50 members of the U.S. Senate and 181 members of the U.S. House sent a clear message to President Obama, Secretary Kerry and the United Nations that the treaty will not be ratified.

The appropriations bill will now head to the U.S. House floor for consideration.

We will continue to keep you updated as the process moves forward.

Comments

• Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if they will feel comfortable entering a town that has put up a welcome sigh saying gun confiscators will not be welcomed.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    us55840, type "Cloward and Piven" into your search engine. As you look at what is presently occurring in the US after having read about them, you'll understand exactly how the government plans to collapse the system.
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the obidiot on TV yesterday saying the border situation is a humanitarian crisis. So he is sending immigration judges and homeland security to the border. Why DHS is going there is just a guess but I think it is to stop border states from deploying the National Guard.
    In it's 1st campaign speech he said we (?) need an army as well funded and armed as our standing army is. WHAT FOR!?!?!?!!
    On TV today he is planning to go around Congress with immigration reform.
    He gave the WH the ability to censor Freedom of Information Act releases.
    He asked his cabinet to find areas where he could use executive powers.
    The health care providers were WARNED not to talk about the diseases these illegal aliens were carrying. Things like measles, lice, scabies. and strep, and chicken pox.
    It may be time to take a deer rifle to the border to defend the National Guard.
    Maybe time to send all the illegals to the FEMA camps in Alaska that will hold 2 million people.
    I believe this to be a real camp. No I am not wearing a tin foil hat.
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Addendum to previous rant
    It is clearly time to throw the UN out of the US.
    They want a new building to be built for them. I approve just put in N.Korea.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
  • Options
    woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not a prophet or seer or a fortune teller but my gut feeling is that in any attempt at gun confiscation there will be mass disobedience by those enlisted to do the confiscation. They would have to be loyal to Barack and be of an SS mentality. It would have to be done in the dead of night because the folks will lock and load and stand firm against them. Civil war will erupt with the military on the side of the people and a coup in Washington to oust the communists running the show.