In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill Nelsons reply to Bergdahl trade

captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
It only took 2 months for a reply reads more like a ABC news report

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me about Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. Many Americans have questions and concerns about the circumstances surrounding his 2009 capture by the Taliban and the subsequent exchange for U.S. military detainees.

Initially I was skeptical of the trade. But facts that have since come to light seem to justify this complicated decision.

As the U.S. Army continues to investigate the details of his capture, Sgt. Bergdahl has been returned to active duty. In the end, I am confident military investigators will get to the bottom of what happened and take whatever action may be appropriate.

Meantime, if you have additional concerns about this or any other issue, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Bill Nelson

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hard line muslims really appreciate our president working their side of the street......bet the next presidential library will be beside mecca
  • Options
    lpaalplpaalp Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who is Bill Nelson?

I'm guessing professional politician, Democrat, because
    "Initially I was skeptical of the trade. But facts that have since come to light seem to justify this complicated decision." says nothing but implies agreement.

The only "facts" I'm aware of are that Obama circumvented Congress (again) as a distraction from an ongoing scandal by trading 5 general officer equivalent prisoners for one private of questionable loyalty. What did I miss??