In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The question my Russian wife has posed to me!!

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
When the political seasons have heated up in the 16+ years we have been married there is one question she has asked me many times. "Why does this country have no leaders??"

As you ponder that statement I would add that when she was listening to Obama speak, clear back before he had won the nomination, she turned to me and said, "Todd, he is a Communist!!"

I thought she had zero clue what she was talking about. I guess I should have realized a Russian woman would know far more about Commies than I ever would.

Comments

• Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    ask her what she thought about Ronald Reagan as a leader ?

my OPINION is he was the last true leader this country has had in "modern times"
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    well, she is right. Russian's respect strong leaders and strong leadership....even today Stalin is respected in Russia for what he did in the "Great Patriotic War" against the Nazi's.....and look at Putin's popularity numbers in Russia. Compared to our "leader from behind" weak-kneed community organizer, we pale in comparison. I would tell her not to measure the strength of the country by this mistake folks elected twice.....he doesn't represent by any stretch the backbone and resolve of this country. I think the electorate is going to take care of business in Nov 2014 and again in Nov 2016....from this Obama disaster a strong leader will emerge...the RR/JCarter analogy is apt IMO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Julia would have been 8 years old when RR was elected so I'm guessing she knows little about Reagan and his Presidency. But later I will ask her.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Julia would have been 8 years old when RR was elected so I'm guessing she knows little about Reagan and his Presidency. But later I will ask her.
    What part of Russia is your wife from?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Julia is from Kazan. In two weeks, her mother and step-father will be coming for six months, the length of their visa.

What!?! You are saying, six months!!!! OMG!! Your In-laws coming for six months? Are you insane?!?

Nope!! My wife wont show her butt in front of her mother and Nickoli works as a mason and carpenter in Russia so he takes care of my honey do list. They don't speak English, I don't speak Russian. Six months of total peace and bliss!![:D]

I speak from experience. This is visit number six, all for six months. I would move them in permanently if I could!!
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I would move them in permanently if I could!!"
    Route them in through Mexico.