In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If Ebola Hits U.S?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in Politics
It proabably is going to get here one way or another! [V] The time is here to bunker down if you can! Tea tree oil is a good defence for poor/middle class people here to fight infections,all of them.

One here has said not to worry nothing has happen yet about deadly dieases,he should stay tuned!

serf

http://www.infowars.com/if-ebola-hits-u-s-even-healthy-americans-will-be-quarantined/

All it would take is one sick passenger or an illegal alien crossing our border to start a local outbreak in the United States," warns the One Citizen Speaking blog, which calls on Obama to "impose travel restrictions on flights from and to the stricken area - unless they were humanitarian flights and closely monitored."

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nothing will really effectively preventive be done ....our govt deems we owe the world free health care and they have to come here to get it...watch as the diseases from messico bloom....
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be a real nightmare situation locally. Lots of north or west Africans transit through the pork plant monthly. They could easily be exposed before leaving Africa and bring it here-I mean RIGHT HERE. Grouch Attack works the register in the plant cafeteria and is face to face with them daily.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hope the idiots that allow the nasty diseases to come here are the first to spread it to their own families
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it takes root in America it's because the powers that be want it to.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ebola in it's present form is not really anything to worry about. Yes it is terribly deadly but it requires direct contact to get it so it is easy to keep from spreading. Remember that the area where it is killing people is impoverished with poor nutrition and sanitation, a non existent public health and medical community and has only killed 800 people. If Ebola was easily spread, given the poop hole it is occurring in, there would be huge numbers of dead.

My fear is Ebola mutating and spreading in an air born fashion. That would be a whole nuther ball game. Definitely a cure for any over population problems.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Ebola in it's present form is not really anything to worry about. Yes it is terribly deadly but it requires direct contact to get it so it is easy to keep from spreading. Remember that the area where it is killing people is impoverished with poor nutrition and sanitation, a non existent public health and medical community and has only killed 800 people. If Ebola was easily spread, given the poop hole it is occurring in, there would be huge numbers of dead.

My fear is Ebola mutating and spreading in an air born fashion. That would be a whole nuther ball game. Definitely a cure for any over population problems.

Not true it can and does survive in droplet form. Pigs in cages with NO contact infected each other in a test.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not IF but WHEN with our open borders and world wide fast air travel...our citizens will suffer but a quarantine ring will no doubt be placed around DC
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll keep my thoughts about Ebola to my self.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry they will have vaccine to help you! ?

serf

Ebola's spread to US is 'inevitable' says CDC chief

http://news.yahoo.com/ebolas-spread-us-inevitable-says-cdc-chief-205903838.html

Washington (AFP) - Ebola's spread to the United States is "inevitable" due to the nature of global airline travel, but any outbreak is not likely to be large, US health authorities said Thursday.

Related Stories