In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Don't mess with nuclear Russia Says Putin!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in Politics
It seems that if you beat them in conventional war well it's going to hell on earth Folks! Might makes right! Damn the torpedo's full speed AHEAD!

serf

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-russia-ready-respond-aggression-123956691.html

"Thank God, I think no one is thinking of unleashing a large-scale conflict with Russia. I want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers.

His tone darkened when speaking on Ukraine, blaming the United States and the European Union for the "unconstitutional" removal of Kiev's former Moscow-backed president Viktor Yanukovich and replacement with a pro-European government.

He said eastern Ukraine did not agree with Yanukovich's removal and was now subjected to "crude military force" from government planes, tanks and artillery.

"If those are contemporary European values, then I'm simply disappointed in the highest degree," he said, comparing Ukraine's military operations in the east of the country with the Nazi siege of Leningrad in World War Two.

Comments

• DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems that if you beat them in conventional war well it's going to hell on earth Folks! Might makes right! Damn the torpedo's full speed AHEAD!

Same nuclear blackmail that Israel uses. The Israeli forces even have German cities targeted with their nuclear weapons ( the paranoids never stop looking at Germany ). The Israeli Dolphin Class boats that Germany supplied are equipped with nuclear tipped cruise missiles and could strike anywhere.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Putin knows the President is a milksop and will back down.