In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What would you do?

telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Politics
Society has degraded to the point that kids are killing kids at school! It is sad and it needs to be addressed. I like to think that I could shoot a 12 or 15 yr old with a gun that was killing kids. I know I could do it..but..... could I live with it? What say you? Could you do it and live with it?

Comments

• Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taking any life is difficult. I can only imagine the impact of taking a young life even if it was necessary.

I think it would be very difficult to deal with. Hopefully I never have to make a choice like that.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask folks that have spent time on the sharp end out in a combat zone how they felt about shooting kids that are shooting at them. There are- and have been- a lot of places that do not check their ID before giving them an AK.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope I could do what needed to be done.
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    Stop the threat.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My answer is that I don't really know what I can and can't do until I'm in that situation.

But if some kid were going on a shooting spree, and especially if they were shooting at one of my kids, I don't think I'd have a hard time doing whatever needed to be done to stop that.

You're never going to feel good about something like that afterwards, but I think I'd be OK. . .though again, you don't know until you're there. Its going to depend on the exact circumstances of what was going on and what your response is.

What I can say with 100% certainty is that if I am physically ABLE to stop something like that, but didn't try and then a bunch of kids got killed or badly hurt, then I'd DEFINITELY have a hard time living with myself later.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    A lot of it comes from Kids not being taught Firearms safety, With many fearing guns when they should not. Heard today one that stupid sports radio they listen to at work. The announcer was saying he doesn't want any guns on campus, not even the security guard. He feels that his would be safer with no guns at school.

Its folks like that where we have problems.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is not new. MSM reporting it is. How many shootings happen weekly in Chicago and New York and DC and other places where the media does not even mention that the shooters are not legal to own firearms (ie felons or under 18) but that the entire area is "firearm free"
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't think I'd hesitate in defense of myself or close family or friends, but in trying to defend others... it gets trickier.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When they pick up a firearm and become a threat to others......they cease to be a child. In the defense of others or myself........there would be no hesitation on my part.