In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This guy makes me ill. Attacking vets with PTSD?

JTofSDJTofSD Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Politics
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/21/michael-savage-rails-against-ptsd-sufferers-no-won/

"Michael Savage recently launched into a fiery rant against those who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, arguing that the "celebration of weakness and depression" has undermined the United States and its military."

Vets deserve and have earned everything they get. No one in the military "celebrates weakness and depression" that I know about.

This kind of blaming of vets is disgusting.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

The ultimate responsibility for PTSD is squarely upon the politicians who put the members of our military in harms way.

[;)]

I agree totally.

The vets should get the best of care; be it physical, mental, emotional, spiritual or psychological. They have EARNED it.
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send Him to the Front Lines and see how He likes it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    Send Him to the Front Lines and see how He likes it.

I do not know much about him, but it is reported he has never served in the military.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To believe that that the numbers that are coming back and claiming disability are all legitimate is ignorant. All must be vetted and those looking for a free pass must be weeded out.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    To believe that that the numbers that are coming back and claiming disability are all legitimate is ignorant. All must be vetted and those looking for a free pass must be weeded out.
    I have a nephew that's doing that as of now...he is a slacker,and always will be...[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

As with any human system there will be people who try to defraud and cheat.

However, I believe that number is very small and there is already a very rigorous system to assess claims (I worked for the VA for 7+ years as an RN) In my opinion, there are many more vets who are deserving and have earned benefits which are being DENIED than there are those who are trying to cheat.

And I do believe all vets have earned our thanks for their service.