In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The circus monkeys are out of control!

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Politics
What ya going to do about it? Hope you Vote in the next rigged election

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see no point in partaking in the insanity as the results never change.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who has told me of an interesting idea (not that they would ever do it).
    Take a revolver with 1 bullet in it and throw it in a monkey cage at the zoo.
    Imagine the turmoil?
    Next it would be gun control for monkeys. How about their not so distant kin?
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

I voted the other day for the Nov. 2 elections. Can vote early here.

I only voted for ONE incumbant and all the rest were newbees.

Voting is about the only peaceful voice the public has in government at any level...... short of revolution.

I picked up my early voting ballot the other day as I will be in deer camp for the election.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY line of thought has always been that if you do not vote you have no right/reason to complain about the characters that get elected and the things that they do .
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pulsarnc
    MY line of thought has always been that if you do not vote you have no right/reason to complain about the characters that get elected and the things that they do .

I gotta disagree. Why should I HAVE to vote for anybody? Far more fair would be system that rejected all candidates if the votes total was not over a certain percentage.

This would mean that by not voting you are saying that you do not want ANY of the people that are running.

Suppose Hitler and Stalin were running for the same office... I would not vote for either, but still complain.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    If you do not vote you should be fined. The fines should be paid in equal shares to those who do vote.

Anybody who wants to beat the rush just let me know. i'll set up some $5 Buy It Now auctions. That way GB makes money, non-voters get punished and I save for retirement.

I've also been thinking on a law making non-voters wash voter's cars. I mean it ain't as if I have time to do it.....

Maybe that's more a 2016 idea though.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    My thought is, the Republicans won't do much I like, but they just might block Obama from bringing in tens of thousands of Ebola victims for treatment- on our dime. They just might lower taxes and promote job growth.

Granted they don't have a veto proof majority, but with Obama's star flagging, some democrats from purple states might be willing to work with them as they see their own re-elections looming in 2 years. Maybe.

Just because I ain't excited that the Republicans won though, doesn't mean I don't clap my hands with glee that the democraps lost. [:D]
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    If you do not vote you should be fined. The fines should be paid in equal shares to those who do vote.

Uniformed voters are worse than non-voters.

If you don't care enough to research who you are voting for, do your country a favor and stay the hell home.