In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA won big

Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Politics
For all you anti-NRA folks: NRA-backed pro-gun candidates won everywhere yesterday. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/04/Second-Amendment-Crushes-Gun-Control-Candidates-In-Midterm-Elections
I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    The NRA didn't do squat fighting the anti gun initiative in Washington.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Background checks were the brain child of the NRA. Why would they fight them?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea. The United Mine Workers backed Obama in 2008..

More miners showing up at the Unemployment office each morning than at the mines now.
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    who would of thought a law like that would pass in the second amendment foundations back yard
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by captnobody
    who would of thought a law like that would pass in the second amendment foundations back yard

Attitudes; like you see from some of the NRA bashers here.
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

It is Not my attitude. Donate to them all the time trying to prove a point to the NRA bashers that maybe everybody should maybe try to work together for a change
    edited November -1

It is Not my attitude. Donate to them all the time trying to prove a point to the NRA bashers that maybe everybody should maybe try to work together for a change

Not you Capt. I too gave to the NRA PVF PROUDLY, results paid off in my state with the first "R" complete government since reconstruction.

NRA spent close to 500k in my state
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Background checks were the brain child of the NRA. Why would they fight them?

Yep, they were for them before they were against them and they must be for them again because they did next to nothing about I-594. They spent very little money and had only 2 representatives in the area and I never saw an NRA sponsored ad denouncing I-594 or supporting I-591. Billionaires Gates, Bloomberg, Allen, and others imposed their will and we in Washington state are screwed beyond belief because the leftist's finally got their gun registration scheme enacted into law.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why should the NRA support you? You clearly don't support them. You reaped what you sowed.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Why should the NRA support you? You clearly don't support them. You reaped what you sowed.

+1
    & they have the temerity to blame the NRA...geeez.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I didn't expect them to do much, which is why I have not supported them. The SAF was visible, as was the CCRKBA and it obviously wasn't enough.

It is a real possibility that I-594 was a lost cause to begin with, considering the make up of the population centers in the state. This is a fundamental change in the relationship between Olympia and the citizens of the state that only required a simple majority to pass.

It is a fight the NRA did not really want, and probably one that it could not have won. That being the case, their money was probably better spent elsewhere.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    As I noted above, I didn't expect them to. The SAF DID their part, they just don't have as much support as the other side. Possibly that is because of supporters throwing their money at the NRA.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1

I did support them, for over 30 years I supported and defended them and for what?

The NRA gave us;

The 1932 Uniform Firearms Act
    Supported with congressional testimony the 1933 National Firearms Act
    Supported the 1938 Federal Firearms Act
    Supported the 1968 GCA

Failed to stop the magazine ban, the so called "cop killer bullet" ban, didn't fight the Hughes amendment in the FOPA, the 94 AWB, actively tried to derail the Heller case, forced a merger in the McDonald case AGAINST the will of the plaintiffs, the exemption issue, etc, etc, etc.

Their complicity is beyond doubt and easy to verify with a simple Goggle search and a little bit of time. And their duplicity is legendary with the constant barrage that my "RIGHTS" are under attack (again) and that they need more money to "DEFEND" my rights.

They, THE NRA, should have been all over this and could have easily matched the funds the billionaires put out without breaking a sweat but they didn't and the national implications of this initiative shouldn't be lost on anyone.

I have supported the NRA, they are no longer worthy of my or anyone else's support. Support the SAF, they don't compromise!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained

I did support them, for over 30 years I supported and defended them and for what?

The NRA gave us;

The 1932 Uniform Firearms Act
    Supported with congressional testimony the 1933 National Firearms Act
    Supported the 1938 Federal Firearms Act
    Supported the 1968 GCA

Failed to stop the magazine ban, the so called "cop killer bullet" ban, didn't fight the Hughes amendment in the FOPA, the 94 AWB, actively tried to derail the Heller case, forced a merger in the McDonald case AGAINST the will of the plaintiffs, the exemption issue, etc, etc, etc.

Their complicity is beyond doubt and easy to verify with a simple Goggle search and a little bit of time. And their duplicity is legendary with the constant barrage that my "RIGHTS" are under attack (again) and that they need more money to "DEFEND" my rights.

They, THE NRA, should have been all over this and could have easily matched the funds the billionaires put out without breaking a sweat but they didn't and the national implications of this initiative shouldn't be lost on anyone.

I have supported the NRA, they are no longer worthy of my or anyone else's support. Support the SAF, they don't compromise!
    I supported them rather blindly for many years as well. I awoke to learn that I had been stabbed in the back all through that period. Now that the wounds are healing from that, I am doing what I can to help others see through the charade.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I actually got a "Final Notice" from those jackals at the NRA today.

Seems they forgot our last conversation.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blame the NRA and what makes the politicans fear you and sometimes they have to give some or lose everything. I'll bet your politician really shakes when they hear your name. Their not perfect but better than you on most 2nd Amendment issues and how much have you spent compared to the NRA
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Blame the NRA and what makes the politicans fear you and sometimes they have to give some or lose everything. I'll bet your politician really shakes when they hear your name. Their not perfect but better than you on most 2nd Amendment issues and how much have you spent compared to the NRA

People who disparage the NRA need to sit and think where would we be without the NRA.
    Bet they couldn't stand the answer. If fact, I doubt if GB would even exist.

The NRA is not perfect, but they have done a hell of a lot more to preserve my gun rights than some of the posters on this thread who sit on the sidelines and * and complaining about them.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

People who disparage the NRA need to sit and think where would we be without the NRA.

The NRA is not perfect, but they have done a hell of a lot more to preserve my gun rights than some of the posters on this thread who sit on the sidelines and * and complaining about them.

The NRA, starting in the 1930's gave credibility to unconstitutional power of the Federal Government by participating in the implementation of Federal Firearms Restrictions.

At the time they did not frame themselves a 2nd Amensment advocates to be sure, but as the largest firearms interest group at the time, their participation allowed that power to codified into law and then made Constitutional. Their pushing for 'due process' incorporation of the 2nd in the McDonald case proved they had not changed over those 80 odd years.

Where would we be without the NRA?

I don't know, but we do know that they were and continue be a driving force in converting the 2nd Amendment from an individual right into a collective privilege.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

The NRA, starting in the 1930's gave credibility to unconstitutional power of the Federal Government by participating in the implementation of Federal Firearms Restrictions.

At the time they did not frame themselves a 2nd Amensment advocates to be sure, but as the largest firearms interest group at the time, their participation allowed that power to codified into law and then made Constitutional. Their pushing for 'due process' incorporation of the 2nd in the McDonald case proved they had not changed over those 80 odd years.

Where would we be without the NRA?

I don't know, but we do know that they were and continue be a driving force in converting the 2nd Amendment from an individual right into a revocable privilege.

I think that's more accurate as to their intent.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

vwI6Au3.gif
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I supported them rather blindly for many years as well. I awoke to learn that I had been stabbed in the back all through that period. Now that the wounds are healing from that, I am doing what I can to help others see through the charade.
    Yep, same here. I finally figured out what phonies the NRA is after Clintoons 1994 "crime bill".
    edited November -1

Let's see, without the NRA, we might not have background checks, NFA registration, and host of other intrusions. Yep, without the NRA, we might be a lot freer.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    The NRA didn't do squat fighting the anti gun initiative in Washington.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/10/one-of-the-midterms-little-noticed-big-losers-the-nra.html
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain