In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If you think he can be impeached...

KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
edited November 2014 in Politics
...tried and convicted in two years, you dont understand how a calendar works. review the clinton impeachment timeline and move on with your day.

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Impeached.....sure. It is the rest of the procedure that would never get finished.
  • Options
    captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Principle: maybe it will help keep the next on in line
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The GOP won on the back of independent voters.

Starting impeachment proceedings would be a disaster.....they don't have the votes to remove him from office in the first place, but more importantly it would be seen as a useless personal attack when there are so many important tasks that could be accomplished.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    While in fact impeachment would mean very little at this point, I am interested in seeing it done for the sheer principle of the matter.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    The GOP won on the back of independent voters.

Starting impeachment proceedings would be a disaster.....they don't have the votes to remove him from office in the first place, but more importantly it would be seen as a useless personal attack when there are so many important tasks that could be accomplished.

There is also a lot of independent voters that don't want politicians worrying about staying in office but doing what is right
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, I'd be happy if they just took away his vacation time as punishment.........that would show him [:D] [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    ...tried and convicted in two years, you dont understand how a calendar works. review the clinton impeachment timeline and move on with your day.

Well let's not pursue something because it's hard or may take a while.
  • Options
    BoskettiBosketti Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    Hell, I'd be happy if they just took away his vacation time as punishment.........that would show him [:D] [;)]

Harder for him to screw things up when he's on vacation.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather see him arrested for treason. If anyone else had done even a fraction of what he's done there would be shows on TV for the next 100 years trying to figure out who was on the grassy knoll.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I prefer they not pursue the impeachment route, simply because it will be another distraction. Now that they have the Senate they need to appoint a special prosecutor for the IRS Scandal, and for Fast & Furious. Impeachment will only motivate minority voters back to the polls in 2016 and I prefer not to help Clinton. At this point I don't think they will show up for her like they did Obama.

Republicans need to focus on repairing the damage that has been done, addressing Obamacare, the border, and keystone XL. As much seething hatred as I have for Obama, I'd prefer to see the Republicans have some success to set them up for 2016 rather than creating another wave for the democrats in 2016.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Well I prefer they not pursue the impeachment route, simply because it will be another distraction. Now that they have the Senate they need to appoint a special prosecutor for the IRS Scandal, and for Fast & Furious. Impeachment will only motivate minority voters back to the polls in 2016 and I prefer not to help Clinton. At this point I don't think they will show up for her like they did Obama.

Republicans need to focus on repairing the damage that has been done, addressing Obamacare, the border, and keystone XL. As much seething hatred as I have for Obama, I'd prefer to see the Republicans have some success to set them up for 2016 rather than creating another wave for the democrats in 2016.

I completely agree with the above. ^^^^ Get out of my head! [:D]

Jon
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would be nice is that they actually did their job and created or eliminated legislation that would reduce the Federal Deficit, fix healthcare issues, restore our moral values, fulfill our promises to seniors and retires, restore our education system, repair our infrastructure, take care of our Veterans, reduce the tax burden for small business, and get the worthless off the public take.

Oh wait that will never happen regardless of who is in office.

We have promised FAR too much and charged WAY to little for it, we have no reserves capable of meeting the demands. No matter who is in office and no matter what they do we can't possibly achieve the above without taxing ourselves into poverty.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It may not be a wise political move but I'd love to see impeachment on Obama's record as a permanent stain on his legacy.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOP and DNC have a back room agreement not to impeach the other teams main guy.