In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Conspiracy theories

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Politics
I ran into one I hadn't heard of today. It seems a lot of people are convinced that if the condensed vapor trails left behind aircraft in flight don't dissipate quickly they must contain toxic chemicals intended to influence weather patterns.

I tried asking a couple of logical questions of the person propounding the theory to me but they were ignored.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What were your questions?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh Dear Heavens! Not the Chem Trails Theory again!?!

Ruuuunnnn! [;)][:D]
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the politics forum. EVERYTHING is a conspiracy there.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steve45
    Go to the politics forum. EVERYTHING is a conspiracy there.
    Oh yeah!!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Oh Dear Heavens! Not the Chem Trails Theory again!?!

Ruuuunnnn! [;)][:D]

YES! My favorite one!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You just had to go and mention it didn't you...

The nut cases that believe in the chem trail stuff are the same ones that think the DNW web site is the bible.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Here is an Air Force whistleblower who came forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHm0XhtDyZA
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    If the vapor trails don't dissipate quickly it's probably the result of excess methane working its way from the passenger cabin to the engines.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    It was a sad moment, and a troubling one. The moment my mother, one of the most rational people I ever knew, began to believe in chem trail conspiracies. Also in get rich working at home schemes. It was the moment we realized that age was finally catching up, affecting her mind. She only lived a few more years before a stroke and heart attack took her from us. She deserved far more years, and with faculties intact at that.

Oh well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    It was a sad moment, and a troubling one. The moment my mother, one of the most rational people I ever knew, began to believe in chem trail conspiracies. Also in get rich working at home schemes. It was the moment we realized that age was finally catching up, affecting her mind. She only lived a few more years before a stroke and heart attack took her from us. She deserved far more years, and with faculties intact at that.

Oh well.

A classic trick of the disinformation agents is to link the topic at hand to completely unrelated and irrational topics such as mental illness and get rich quick schemes. You are very consistent I notice.

My mother also suffered from dementia before she died and had many strange ideas none of which added to or subtracted from the veracity of some of the evidence backing up the presence of chem-trails.

There are numerous disinformation sites on the web devoted to encouraging people to not question what the govt may or may not be doing on the QT. The fact that there are such disinformation sites and programs out there is kind of damning in and of itself isn't it. If it all were really ridiculous they wouldn't need such things would they and they wouldn't work so hard at it.

The plain fact is that we understand there are contrails left in the atmosphere as planes travel through the sky during the right conditions of temperature and humidity. This is a normal phenomena we have all seen many times.

Many people have also noted the existence of trails left behind aircraft which behave differently than we expect regular contrails to behave. We see this aberration as worthy of investigation and call them chemtrails as we suspect there is more than water vapor involved.
    There are also people who have measured and observed unexpected levels of contaminants in air,water, and soil in areas where these irregular chemtrails have also been observed. This we also feel is worthy of investigation.

Couple those items with the proven track record of the US Govt spraying other chemicals without regard to human consequence and in fact infecting diverse populations with disease just for purposes of study and we have enough to judge them to be at the least self-serving and amoral in their behavior.

Remember this is the same govt who actively promotes global warming in the face of mountains of contrary evidence.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have told you guys before. Nutjob threads go in politics.

Last Warning SkiCat
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Last Warning SkiCat

Interesting. I wasn't aware I was trying your patience.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    many a good conspiracy theory can explain what logic and reason cannot...helps to have cold beer on hand
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Last Warning SkiCat

My apologies. I did not know this topic had been covered 4 years ago and it did not occur to me to post in politics rather than general discussion.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    What's political about the excess methane produced by what the airlines casually refer to as food, then having it moved to the atmosphere by the ventilation system? Oh well, some people see everything as political[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HEY, CAPTFUN, WHY DUMP THIS STUFF ON ME?? [;)][;)][;)][;)][:D]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    HEY, CAPTFUN, WHY DUMP THIS STUFF ON ME?? [;)][;)][;)][;)][:D]
    [:D][:D] Po' Bruce.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe someone can explain what I saw once.

Traveling from the Small town of in Idaho to a larger city in ID we observed 5 to 6 jets, smaller military fighter sized jets, they were really high making an exact ID on them impossible but they were all flying a huge grid at the same time and we could tell they were not air liners. The grid was over air space around 10 to 15 miles wide and and as long. I observed the jets multiple times come to the end of the grid and then the trail would stop, they would make a sharp (As sharp as needed) U-turn and re align for another run in the grid and as soon as they came into the grid zone the trail would begin again. One would do it on one side while another jet would do the same thing on the other side while yet another would do this in the middle and side of the grid. Each time, no matter what jet came to the end of the grid no matter the location of the grid the trail stopped. And each time any jet no matter the location entered the grid again the trail would begin again. At no point inside the grid would you see any breaks in the trail. None.
    #8232;Now knowing something about the science of contrails I knew the mathematical improbability that the jets were entering and leaving warmer and cooler air pockets at precisely the correct times to form this grid was astronomically high to the point of being absurd to entertain the notion. Again, no where inside the grid was there any break in the trails. I know the jets were not cutting their power. I knew that day that I was witnessing air craft spraying something in the sky and what I was seeing was what people were calling chemtrails. I observed the jets for over an hour from the car as we traveled. I wish I had a video camera back then but I did not. I sat on what I had witnesses for some years and then I observed the internet arguments on the topic. Occasionally I would tell people on forums what I had seen with my own eyes but it would be dismissed as water vapors and warm and cool air pockets. They either were not listening to me or they did not believe I saw what I had related. If I pressed the issue or brought up the odds of improbability they just called me crazy. I knew I was not getting across in words what I had seen so even hand drew an illustration but people just don't want to accept that something might be going on in the sky they cannot explain to stop so the charges that I was nuts continued and of course the personal attacks. When I would enter a topic with this information it was not long that the topic would be closed. Or if posting on Craig's list it would be flagged off with in minutes so fast in fact there has to be more at work then simply the CL community flaggers at work. In San Diego's Craig's List it seems someone has a fast track flag button with anything that gets to close to the truth. The topics are allowed to stay up so long as the debunkers can make fun of the chemtrails truth advocates but post something like I am here and it disappears faster it can be publicly seen. So if nothing is going on then why censor the people talking about the stuff being sprayed?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat

Last Warning SkiCat

Interesting. I wasn't aware I was trying your patience.

I was not aware that you posted the OP either were you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever seen contrails well below 26,000 feet in hot dry days? I have. It has to be 40 degrees below zero to see contrails watch the video. I have seen them at 3,000 to 7,000 feet on the hottest summer days. People tell me it's colder in the sky but it's proportionately colder. The trails I saw on a hot summer day around 5,000 feet were laid by planes that would have had to gain more altitude to clear a mountain range to the north elevation is 2,583 Feet
    and I can tell you its hot up there in the summer just like it is in the valley.

You want science watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9j-_1haGk
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Solved!

There are chem-trails being applied by THEM, it is warmer higher in the air than on the ground, and Santa is bringing me a new 36" gap bed lathe for Christmas because I have been a good boy.

Please post further chem-trail threads in the bow and arrow forum.